Imagine, your white shirt is ready for a meet-up, but not your dark neck. Embarrassed? A dark, patchy neck makes you seem unhealthy and puts you in a very awkward situation. If you have recently noticed dark skin on your neck then it may have been giving you nightmares. Therefore, before losing your peace of mind, let’s figure out what causes dark neck and how to get rid of it faster.
Usually, we pamper our face with lots of skincare products, but we often neglect our necks that also experience the same exposure. Sunlight, pollutants, hyperpigmentation, and even poor hygiene darkens the skin around your neck and make it look dull. A bright, well-groomed face with a dark neck is not a good combination.
So, if you are looking for remedies for dark necks, then you are at the right place. This article talks about what causes dark neck in men and the best home remedies for dark neck. Here we will also discuss the best dark neck brightening creams in India.
Related Post: How To Brighten Dark Underarms At Home?
Q. What Causes Dark Neck In Men?
Dark necks are a very common phenomenon. A lot of factors have to be considered to explain what causes dark neck. While talking about skincare habits, we do a lot for our faces, private areas, but often forget to take care of the neck. This negligence can cause the darkening of the skin around our necks. There are various factors that cause a dark neck. So let’s check out what causes dark neck.
1. Dermatitis Neglecta :
Dermatitis Neglecta is a skin condition in which bacteria, sweat, oil, dead skin cells, and other pollutants accumulate on the skin over a long time and causes discoloration of the skin. It mostly occurs when the skin is not washed with soap and water properly.
In most people dark neck occurs due to dermatitis neglecta as this area often tends to be neglected in terms of cleansing. As a result, discoloration happens to the skin around the neck.
2. Certain Medications :
Some medicines can increase the melanin production that darkens the skin. The excess production of melanin is called hyperpigmentation. These drugs include phenytoin, antimalarials, antipsychotic drugs, tetracyclines, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. So if you are consuming any of these drugs on a regular basis, then it can cause the discoloration of your skin around the neck.
3. Exposure To The Sun :
When our skin is exposed to the sunlight, it produces melanin to protect the lower layer of the skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. This melanin darkens the skin. Our neck is such an area that is exposed to the sun easily as most of the time it remains uncovered. Therefore exposure to the sunlight for a long time can increase the melanin production in the skin of our neck region that darkens our neck.
4. Fungal Infections :
Malassezia furfur, a fungus, causes fungal infection on the skin which is termed as Tinea Versicolor. Usually, this type of yeast is already present on the skin but its excessive growth can trigger the dark patches on the skin around your neck.
5. Acanthosis Nigricans :
Sometimes acanthosis nigricans causes dark skin around the neck. Acanthosis Nigricans or AN is a skin disorder in which the folds of skin become thicker and darker. AN occurs especially in the groin area, armpits, or in the back of the neck. There are a lot of factors that cause AN. If your skin around the neck is turning darker then you may have the following health conditions.
- Obesity: Obesity is one of the factors that can increase the chances of AN. Insulin, a hormone that regulates the blood sugar level, can be disrupted if you weigh more than your ideal body weight. Therefore, the level of insulin in the blood increases that causes hyperpigmentation and it gradually darkens the skin around your neck and other skin folds.
- Type 2 diabetes: People with type 2 diabetes have high levels of blood sugar. According to a study, these people are more susceptible to AN than others.
- Medications: Some medicine can trigger the chances of having AN. These medicines include insulin, corticosteroids, birth control pills, and a high dosage of niacin. If you are using one of these medicines for a longer time, then it can darken your neck.
- Hormonal Disorders: Insulin levels in the blood can be imbalanced by some hormonal disorders that include hypothyroidism, acromegaly, and Cushing syndrome. So, these hormonal disorders can make you more susceptible to AN which causes darkening of the skin around your neck.
- Genetics: Studies show that those people are more vulnerable to having AN, whose family member has or had AN.
That is all about your queries, ‘what causes dark neck?’ Now let’s move on to the best dark neck brightening creams in India.
5 Best Dark Neck Brightening Creams In India :
Dark necks are very common among men nowadays. We have already discussed what causes dark neck. In most cases, it occurs due to sunburn, poor hygiene, or unwillingly neglecting the proper grooming of the skin around your neck. How to get rid of the dark neck faster? Well, the answer is here. Here we are listing the 5 best dark neck brightening creams in India that reduce the dark patches of your skin around the neck and make it look brighter and healthier.
1. Bare Body Essentials Neck Back Cream For Even toned Skin
While talking about the best dark neck brightening creams in India, bare body essentials Neck Back Cream for Even toned comes first in our list. This dark neck brightening cream is formulated with bearberry extracts, Vitamin E, glycolic acid, shea butter, and Vitamin C that are proven to be the best ingredients for brighter and healthier skin. This cream does not contain any harsh chemicals that are harmful to your skin.
bare body essentials Neck Back Cream is rich in bearberry extract that is well known for its brightening properties. Glycolic acid, used in this cream, removes the dead skin cells and helps to reveal the new skin cells. Vitamin C, another key ingredient of this cream, has anti-acne and anti-inflammatory properties that give you smooth, spotless, and even-toned skin around your neck. Vitamin E reduces the darkening of your neck by limiting the production of melanin. Moreover, shea butter keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized for a longer time.
- Ingredients: Bearberry extracts, Vitamin E, Glycolic acid, Shea butter, and Vitamin C
- Gently exfoliates the skin
- Reduces pigmentation and lightens the dark area
- Nourishes and heals the skin
- Helps to get rid of acne
- Keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized.
2. Kozicare Skin Lightening Cream With Kojic Acid, Arbutin, Glutathione
Kozicare Skin Lightening Cream with Kojic Acid, Arbutin, Glutathione comes next in our list of the 5 best dark neck brightening creams in India. Loaded with essential ingredients such as Kojic acid, Glutahrine, Glycerin, and Arbutin, this cream gives you bright, youthful, and spotless skin around your neck. A regular massage with this cream helps you to get rid of the dark neck within a few weeks.
This dark neck brightening cream gently removes the dead skin cells that accumulate on the skin of your neck. It reduces pigmentation by reducing the melanin deposit on the skin and helps to restore the natural skin tone faster. This cream protects your skin from sunburn. It also keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized. Moreover, this cream reduces the lines and wrinkles of the skin and gives you even-toned, youthful, and glowing skin around your neck region.
- Ingredients: Kojic acid, Glutathione, Niacinamide, Allantoin, Liquorice extract, Mulberry Extract, and Arbutin.
- Reduces melanin production
- Lightens the dark spots
- Gives you glowing and youthful skin
- Removes the dead skin cells
- Protects from sunburn
- Reduces wrinkles and lines
- Keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized.
3. RE’ EQUIL Unveil Neck, Knee & Elbow Cream
If you are looking for the best dark neck brightening creams in India to get rid of your dark neck faster, then RE’ EQUIL Unveil Neck, Knee & Elbow Cream can be the best pick for you. This cream is rich in natural extracts like Mucor Miehei extract, Bellis Perennis or Daisy flower extract, Physalis Angulata extract, Pentylene Glycol, and other clinically proven ingredients that are best to serve your purpose.
RE’ EQUIL Unveil Neck, Knee & Elbow Cream gently removes the dead skin cells and promotes the growth of new skin cells. It also helps to lighten the dark patches on your skin around the neck and restore its natural skin tone. Apart from these, this dark neck brightening cream keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized for a longer time. So, with RE’ EQUIL Unveil Neck, Knee & Elbow Cream, lighten the dark skin around your neck within a few days.
- Ingredients: Mucor Miehei extract, Bellis Perennis or Daisy flower extract, Physalis Angulata extract, Pentylene Glycol, Aqua, and other clinically proven ingredients
- Lightens dark spots of skin faster
- Removes dead skin cells gently
- Keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized.
4. Skinncells Neck Lightener For Even Toned Back Neck
Skinncells Neck Lightener for even-toned back neck is another best cream to get rid of dark neck faster. This dark neck brightening cream is formulated with natural ingredients such as yoghurt extract, citrus extract, mulberry extract, apple cider vinegar extract, retinol liposomes, and DL-Panthenol. This cream is completely vegan. Moreover, it is safe to use as it does not contain any mineral oil and parabens.
Apple cider vinegar extract helps to remove the dead skin cells. Citrus extract detoxifies the skin and makes it brighter. Yoghurt extract gently nourishes the skin and reduces the dark patches. Retinol Liposomes, present in this product, helps to reduce melanin production and restores the natural color of your skin. Moreover, mulberry extract keeps your skin hydrated and DL-Panthenol works as the natural moisturizer. All these benefits of this cream make its entry in our list of the 5 best dark neck brightening creams in India.
- Ingredients: Yoghurt extract, Citrus extract, Mulberry extract, Apple Cider Vinegar extract, Retinol Liposomes, and DL-Panthenol
- Gently exfoliates the skin
- Reduces melanin production
- Fades away the dark patches
- Detoxifies and brightens the skin
- Keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized
- Completely vegan
- Free from mineral oils and parabens
5. Nuskhe By Paras Ayurvedic Neck Brightening Body Scrub
Nuskhe By Paras Ayurvedic Neck Brightening Body Scrub, loaded with natural extracts such as walnut oil, shea butter, flaxseed oil, reddish oil, walnut shell extract, aloe vera, and vitamin C, comes at the end of our list of 5 best dark neck brightening creams in India. This cream is easy to use. Scrubbing 2 to 3 minutes with this cream 3 to 4 times every week can give you bright, spotless, and even-toned skin around your neck.
This dark neck brightening scrub removes all the dirt, pollutants from the skin and also gently exfoliates the dead skin cells. It de-tan the skin around your neck and reduces the dark patches. Moreover, it is an excellent cream to repair damaged skin. This cream keeps your skin around the neck hydrated and gives it a natural glow. Moreover, this cream is suitable for all types of skin.
- Ingredients: Walnut oil, Shea Butter, Flaxseed oil, Reddish oil, Walnut Shells extract, Aloe Vera, and Vitamin C
- Detoxify the skin
- Removes dead skin cells, dirt, pollutants, and blackhead causing impurities
- Reduces dryness and keeps your skin hydrated
- De-tans the skin and makes it brighter
- Suits all types of skin.
These were the best dark neck brightening creams in India. Now let’s quickly figure out the most effective home remedies for dark neck.
5 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Neck :
We have already discussed what causes dark neck and the best dark neck brightening creams in India. Now it’s time for the home remedies for dark neck. Here we are listing the 5 best home remedies to get rid of dark neck. The ingredients that are used in these remedies are easily available and natural. Therefore, these home remedies are completely safe for your skin.
1. Baking Soda Paste :
Baking soda paste is one of the best home remedies for dark neck. Baking soda paste contains sodium bicarbonate which neutralizes the alkaline condition of the skin around your neck that causes darkening. Moreover, baking soda works as the natural bleaching agent that reduces pigmentation and the darkness of the skin. It also removes the dead skin cells, dirt and deeply nourishes the skin.
- Baking Soda ( 2 tablespoons)
- Warm water
- Take two tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl.
- Mix some warm water and steer it until it becomes a paste.
- Now apply the paste to the affected area of your neck and leave it for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the paste dries, scrub it off using wet fingers and rinse with warm water.
When to apply: Use this home remedy every day before taking a bath for the best results.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar :
Using diluted apple cider vinegar can actually help you to get rid of dark necks. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which is mild to the skin and gently removes the dead skin cells. It also lightens the pigmentation and gives your skin around the neck a natural glow. Moreover, apple cider vinegar helps to maintain the pH of the skin naturally.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- Water (2 tablespoons)
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with equal amounts of water.
- Now using a cotton ball, apply the mixture to the affected area of your neck and leave it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with water.
When to apply: Apple cider vinegar is one of the easiest and effective home remedies for the dark neck that you can use every day for the desired result.
3. Potato Juice :
Potato juice is very beneficial for the skin. Potatoes contain mild citric acid that reduces the patchiness and itchiness of the dark skin on the neck. It removes the dead skin cells and reduces the dryness of the skin. It gently cleanses the skin and helps to restore the natural color of the skin. Moreover, it helps to get rid of sunburn.
- Grate a potato and squeeze the juice out of it.
- Now, using a cotton ball gently apply the juice to the affected area, especially to the dark skin on the neck.
- Let it sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the juice dries, wash your neck with water.
When to apply: Use this home remedy once or twice daily before taking a bath.
4. Aloe Vera :
When we are talking about the best home remedies for dark neck, aloe vera always enters the list due to its various beneficial properties for the skin. Aloe vera gel contains aloin that reduces the pigmentation on the skin by reducing melanin production. It also nourishes the skin and restores its natural glow.
- Aloe Vera leaf
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from the inside.
- Now apply the gel to the affected area especially to the dark skin on the neck. You can also use aloe vera gel that is available to the market or online shops.
- Scrub with the gel for a few minutes and then let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now wash your neck using cold water.
When to apply: Use this remedy every day to brighten the dark skin on your neck faster and naturally.
5. Almond Oil :
Almond oil is loaded with Vitamin E that is an essential vitamin for your skin to stay healthy and look brighter. Almond oil also works as a mild bleaching agent which removes the dead skin cells that accumulate on your skin and lightens the skin tone. Moreover, it helps to increase blood circulation and reduces the dark, patchy spots from the skin of your dark neck. Adding coconut oil or tea tree oil to almond oil enhances the benefits of almond oil. To reduce the pigmentation from your neck area, follow the following steps.
- Almond Oil
- Tea Tree Oil or Coconut Oil
- Take almond oil and add a few drops of tea tree oil or coconut oil to it.
- Now massage your neck in a circular motion with the mixture for at least 15 minutes.
- Now rinse the area with lukewarm water.
When to apply: Almond oil therapy is one of the best home remedies for dark neck that shows you the desired results very fast. Therefore you can use this remedy once every day to get a brighter skin tone around your neck region.
These were the easiest but most effective home remedies for dark neck. You can try all of these remedies and choose the best one that suits your skin most.
Q. How to Take Care Of Your Skin Around The Neck :
Like our faces, our skin around the neck also requires some attention. Here are some tips that you can follow to maintain the bright and healthy skin around your neck.
- Always wash your neck at least twice a day. It helps you to remove the pollutants, dirt, and sweat from the skin.
- Always keep the skin of the neck moisturized. The best thing you can do is to apply a moisturizer daily before going to sleep.
- You should protect your neck from sunburn. Therefore, make sure to apply sunscreen before going outside during the daytime.
- Try to massage your neck with warm almond oil at least twice a month. This helps to improve the blood circulation around your neck region.
- Finally, stay healthy and keep your weight within your ideal body weight. This helps you to get rid of many diseases that enhance the risk of Acanthosis Nigricans.
Bottom Line :
Dark necks often occur due to various factors. In most cases, a dark neck causes no diseases and can be treated naturally at home. In this article, we have discussed how to get rid of dark neck faster. You can choose between one of the best dark neck brightening creams in India or home remedies for dark neck. But using both of them simultaneously you can lighten the skin tone of your neck faster. Always show some patience to see the desired result.
If your skin tone around your neck is not getting improved even after using the above-stated creams and remedies, you should consult a dermatologist. We hope that this article on what causes dark neck and how to get rid of them helps you. If you like the article, share it and stay tuned for more.
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: