Intimate hygiene is very important for both men and women. The main function of pubic hair is to protect your sexual organs by holding the skin intact. On the other hand, the pubic area is the dampest place in our body. Now, the dilemma arrives, should you trim or shave your pubic hair. Because this damp often causes several dermatological problems as well as sexual problems.
Pubic hair plays an important role by reducing friction naturally during sexual intercourse. An increase of friction in the genital area causes serious injuries, sometimes several sexual problems. In contrast, not grooming pubic hair leads to a foul smell that every person wants to avoid.
Therefore, most of us get confused about, should you trim or shave your pubic hair, because both have some pros and cons. This article will lift that dilemma very precisely.
Related Post: 5 Major Intimate Hygiene Mistakes That Most Men Do
Trimming Pubic Hair :
Trimming your pubic hair is an alternative to shaving them. You will often get confused should you trim or shave your pubic hair. So, it is very important to know about some facts on pubic hair. Pubic hair or pubes are different from the hair of the head. It stops growing at a certain point that head hair can not.
It means if you leave them untrimmed, it will not cause any harm to you. However, maintaining good hygiene is very important. So, you can easily take a little of the top by trimming them. Trimming your pubic hair is always the safest way to maintain intimate hygiene.
But wait! There are certain measurements to trim your pubic hair. Cutting your intimate hair too close to the skin can be hazardous. It may cause accidents to your intimate hygiene, especially around your scrotum and penis skin.
These parts’ skin is much thinner than the other parts. So, here are some tips to follow while trimming pubic hair :
- Firstly, disinfect your blades or the teeth of the trimmer before you plan to trim your pubic hair.
- You are strictly prohibited to use this trimmer for any other work or share them with others. It can make your infection chances higher.
- Keep the hair of the pubes dry to avoid the clump of hair. Not maintaining this will make them harder to trim, and you will meet with an accident.
- Store your trimmer in a safer place that is neither too moist nor open to the air.
Shaving Pubic Hair :
Shaving is the easiest way to maintain your intimate hygiene. In addition, it is the most popular method to handle pubic hair. However, the lack of proper precautions often results in an accident or harm to your pubic hair. It is medically proven that shaving causes accidental slicing of your skin. This makes them exposed to irritants or bacteria. Moreover, it may also block your follicles.
Follicles are the castings to hold each hair, and shaving may potentially cause ingrown hair or folliculitis. After these opinions, the dilemma may again arrive, should you trim or shave your pubic hair. Surely you should shave your pubic hair if you prefer to shave them.
However, you must take some precautions by following some steps. Before you start shaving, you must shave in that particular direction where your hair grows. It will minimize irritation. Most importantly, pull the skin of the intimate area up to keep it taut to access all the hair.
Here are some steps that you must follow while shaving pubic hair :
- Always disinfect your razor before every use.
- Make your pubes damp to soften them for an easier cut.
- Always use the shaving cream, moisturizer, or gel full of natural ingredients. It will prevent irritation as well as infection.
- Prefer cortisone cream for post-shave irritation to minimize.
- Do not get your penis smudged with gel or cream.
- Replace often your blades that are used to shave the pubic hair.
Verdict : Should You Trim Or Shave Your Pubic Hair?
Public hair plays one of the most vital roles in the human body. It is like trees to the pubic hair area that holds the balance. Moreover, it has the ability to reduce friction naturally while you are engaged in sexual intercourse. That means it is very important to us. However, improper maintenance of your pubic hair can lead to fungal infections as well as sexually transmitted diseases. In contrast, shaving in this intimate part can also lead to serious injuries, which can never be accepted.
So, you can see that both have some merits and some demerits. There will always be a dilemma, should you trim or shave your pubic hair. Maintaining your intimate hygiene is your necessity but in which manner you will maintain, varies from person to person. However, we would suggest going for trimming as it is safer than shaving because it has no issues of cuts or nicks. These days, the option of trimming is present that is safer and better than old school cutting of pubic hair by scissors.
We will also say that you can shave if you prefer shaving your pubes to have a clean look. However, we recommend taking proper precautions and following proper steps to avoid any type of injury. We do not discourage shaving, we encourage trimming of your pubic hair.
Step By Step Guide To Groom Pubic Hair For Men :
Grooming pubic hair for men needs some proper steps to follow. Let your thoughts aside, should you trim or shave your pubic hair. Here is your step by step guide to grooming the pubic hair:
- Step 1: Choose the fixed comb length of your body hair trimmer. If you choose the right comb length, it will help you tame full as well as natural growth to your pubic hair. The blade length will also allow you to take down the length bit by bit while reducing the risk of pulling that hair.
- Step 2: Trim your pubes at first. It will help prevent the clog of blades before shaving. If you begin shaving without trimming the pubic hair, you will face frequent clogging of blades. It will force you to rinse your blades more often. Trimming will also prevent hair pulling, reduce irritation as well as the nicks and cuts in your most sensitive area.
- Step 3: Have a shower, and soften your hair for an easier shave. If you shower, the water will soften your pubic hair by giving it the required moisture. Then, you can easily shave them by gliding your blades smoothly. In addition, trimming in the shower will help to gather the cut hair easily to wash them off.
- Step 4: Lather up with shaving gel to prepare for the shave. It will help to hydrate your hair and enhance the glide of the razor while protecting your skin in the pubic area at the time of shaving. After some time, your hair will be soft to shave smoothly.
- Step 5: Always check for dull blades. Dull blades will cause accidents to your pubic area. You may get cuts and nicks very easily with the unmatched slippery strokes. Sharp blades always ensure a smooth shaving experience. On the other hand, dull blades will increase the risk of pull and tug as well as post-shave irritation.
- Step 6: Shave lightly, stroke gently. Shaving lightly will decrease the chances of post-shave irritation as well as razor bumps.
- Step 7: Frequently rinse your blades. Run your blades under the faucet gently in every few strokes with both the front and back sides shaking excess water off. Otherwise, the life of the razor will be decreased in a fast manner. In addition, rinsing it under the water will help to remove the built-up shaving gel, dead skin, and hair.
- Step 8: Pull your skin to taut. Try to pull your skin to taut to have an even surface for a smoother shaving experience, especially in the most sensitive areas.
- Step 9: Reapply your shaving gel as per requirements. We often see that it will take more shaving to have smoothness on the surface. Then, you have to reapply the shaving gel again as per requirements before a re-stroke to avoid problems.
- Step 10: Rinse your pubes, then dry and moisturize them. Rinse off your pubic area to check if all the things are done perfectly or not. Then, you must moisturize your pubic area to soothe the skin to avoid irritation of infection. Following the moisturization, you must dry your intimate area before putting on your clothes. Otherwise, your skin can get that unwanted rubbing, which will cause a lot of irritation.
Related Post: 10 Best Intimate Wash For Indian Men
Maintain these steps to perfectly manscape your pubic area to maintain intimate hygiene.
5 Best Groomers For Intimate Grooming In India :
1. Philips BG1025/15 Showerproof Body Groomer For Men
Philips BG1025/15 Showerproof Body Groomer for Men is dedicatedly designed to shave the intimate parts of your body. However, this trimmer can be used for whole-body grooming. It has a unique Skin Protection System that helps to protect the skin and reduces nicks as well as cuts. It manscapes with precision to trim the pubic hair of men. This trimmer is powered by an AA battery to run in the long term.
Philips BG1025/15 Showerproof Body Groomer for Men is fully showerproof for optimum usage. There is no need to replace the blades as they work in both wet and dry conditions. Moreover, these blades are fully washable in a dry as well as wet manner. This bidirectional trimmer is highly rust-resistant as well as hygienically superior. It can catch as well as cut your pubic hair in any direction. In addition, you can trim your pubic hair to the perfect length.
What’s In The Box:
- The body hair trimmer for the perfect grooming.
- A shower cord to perform even in the shower.
- 3 AA batteries for the help of the consumers.
- A useful guide to using the trimmer.
This trimmer offers 2 years of warranty from the date of purchase.
- Dedicated to all body areas, even in sensitive areas.
- Unique Skin Protection System guards the skin against blades.
- Bidirectional trimmer along with a comb to catch and cut body hairs.
- Blades are fully washable in both Wet and Dry conditions.
- Showerproof and easy cleaning with a 32 mm wide cutter.
- 100% showerproof trimmer to work in wet conditions.
- Powered by AA battery for longevity.
2. Kubra KB-5300 5 In 1 Multifunctional Grooming Kit For Men
Kubra KB-5300 5 in 1 Multifunctional Grooming Kit for Men is specifically made to shave the intimate parts of your body. It is a multipurpose use trimmer that can be used for whole-body grooming. It has a 5-in-1 grooming kit with stainless steel blades that help to protect the skin and reduces nicks as well as cuts. It works with precision to trim the pubic hair of men. You can easily trim with 19 length settings while protecting your manhood with easy-to-use features.
Kubra KB-5300 5 in 1 Multifunctional Grooming Kit for men is fully showerproof for optimum usage. It has a runtime of 90 minutes after 1.5 hours of full charge. This pubic hair trimmer is highly rust-resistant as well as hygienically superior with a trimming range of 1 to 10 mm. Moreover, you can trim your pubic hair to the perfect length, and handle coarse as well as curly hair properly. The exclusive features are dedicatedly made for sensitive areas like pubic hair or balls.
What’s In The Box:
- 5-in-1 grooming kit for the ultimate shape.
- Power chord of waterproof nature.
- The trimmer with high-end technology.
The consumers will get a 2 year of manufacturing warranty after buying the product.
- Multi-Purpose Use 5-in-1 Grooming Kit.
- 90 mins runtime and 1.5 hours charge time
- It has the Trimming Range of 1 – 10 mm
- 19 length settings to adjust your body hair.
- Available in stunning blue color.
3. Braun Body Mini Trimmer BS1000 For Men
Braun Body Mini Trimmer BS1000 for men is designed in a mini-sized portable manner for shaving the intimate parts of your body with ease. This trimmer can be used for whole-body grooming. It has German cutting technology that helps to protect the skin and reduces nicks as well as cuts in a precise manner. It is a multipurpose body hair trimmer with gentle and compact features. You can trim the pubic hair without any tension. This waterproof trimmer trims your balls while protecting your manhood with ease in use.
Braun Body Mini Trimmer BS1000 for men is fully showerproof for optimum usage. It has a silicone grip for preventing slipping in the shower. This waterproof trimmer is highly rust-resistant as well as hygienic and comes in white color. Moreover, you can trim and shape your pubic hair to the perfect length, and handle coarse as well as curly hair properly. The ultra-smooth feature with low noise is dedicatedly made for the hassle-free experience while trimming your intimate areas.
What’s In The Box:
- A trimmer with German Technology.
- One blade for the first use of the customers.
- No power cord as it is powered by an AA battery.
- A user manual for proper guidance.
- One AA Battery.
The consumers will get 1 year of manufacturing warranty.
- Mini-sized for portability with efficient body hair removal
- Built for efficient and sensitive body hair trimming for everybody.
- 100% waterproof for use as you prefer to groom.
- German cutting technology for precise body hair trimming and shaping.
- Usable for hair removal, trimming, and shaping on different areas of your body.
4. MENHOOD Men’s WaterProof Cordless Grooming Trimmer For Men
MENHOOD Men’s WaterProof Cordless Grooming Trimmer for Men comes with ceramic blades for shaving the intimate parts of your body. It reduces the scratching of your skin. However, this trimmer can be used for whole-body grooming. It has sensitive technology to protect the skin and reduces nicks as well as snags. The ultra-quiet operation feature with low vibration is dedicatedly made for sensitive areas like pubic hair or balls. You can easily trim your balls while protecting your manhood with ease in use.
MENHOOD Men’s WaterProof Cordless Grooming Trimmer for Men is fully showerproof and ergonomically designed for optimum usage. Moreover, you can trim your pubic hair to the perfect length, and handle coarse as well as curly hair properly. It has a charging time of 4 hours to run for 90 minutes. This waterproof trimmer is highly rust-resistant as well as hygienically superior with maximum efficiency. This trimmer is dedicatedly made for sensitive areas like pubic hair or balls. This intimate hair trimmer comes in black color and is targeted at men.
What’s In The Box:
- One ergonomically designed trimmer.
- One set of batteries to power.
- Black and safety-proof ceramic blades.
- A user manual for proper usage.
- A brush to clean the teeth of the trimmer.
The company will provide a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- WaterProof Trimmer for any condition trimming.
- Rust-Resistant and Hygienic trimmer to care for your intimate parts.
- It has a Charging Time of 4 hours with 90 mins run time.
- Ceramic Blades that reduce and resist Scratching.
- IPX7 rated Technology Prevents Nick as well as Snags.
- MENHOOD Men’s Trimmer is Easy to use and very effective.
- Guide combs that let you trim to your perfect length.
5. Zlade Ballistic Manscaping Body Trimmer For Men
Zlade Ballistic Manscaping Body Trimmer for Men is specifically designed for shaving the intimate parts of your body. However, this trimmer can be used for whole-body grooming. It has safe-edge technology that helps to protect the skin and reduces nicks as well as cuts. It manscapes with precision having a ballistic body shape to trim the pubic hair of men. You can easily trim your balls while protecting your manhood with ease in use.
Zlade Ballistic Manscaping Body Trimmer for Men is fully showerproof for optimum usage. It has a silicone grip for preventing slipping in the shower. This waterproof trimmer is highly rust-resistant as well as hygienically superior with maximum efficiency. Moreover, you can trim your pubic hair to the perfect length, and handle coarse as well as curly hair properly. The ultra-quiet operation feature with low vibration is dedicatedly made for sensitive areas like pubic hair or balls.
What’s In The Box:
- 2 multi-length comb attachments for a perfect haircut and beard trim.
- A cleaning brush is provided with an oil bottle with no lubricating oil.
- You will have a manual in the box for the proper guidance.
This body hair trimmer comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Specifically designed to shave the most intimate parts of your body.
- Equipped with safe-edge technology to protect your skin.
- Showerproof, silicon grip to prevent slipping in showers.
- A waterproof trimmer that is highly rust-resistant and hygienic.
- Promotes a perfect length, handles coarse and curly hair without tugs and pulls.
- Ultra-quiet operation and low vibration trimmer for sensitive areas.
- Rechargeable trimmer with 60mins runtime on a full charge, USB charging.
Bottom Line :
The central idea of this article is that maintaining your intimate hygiene is the ultimate concern. You must take your own stand about your pubic hair. It is solely your concern, should you trim or shave your pubic hair.
Grooming your pubic hair directly concerns your sexual preferences as well as taking care of your partner while maintaining your hygiene. A few years back, shaving was the only option to groom, today trimming has arrived, which is safer than the former one. Think well before you take any step.
Share with others: