Summer is here, and that calls for more time in the sun and more skin exposure! Most people await summertime to go on a vacation or just to relax at the pool/beach side in their beachwear. Everything about summer sounds fun except for the sunburns and tanning too much! Although a nice summer tan ain’t so bad, if you look into the mirror and see your skin two or more shades darker and uneven, it’s not a good sight. Due to the harsh heat of the sun, your skin can get damaged and become patchy. Although the tan will fade out eventually, it may take time. In western countries, people are quite fond of tanned skin but in other countries like India, Korea, China, etc tanned skin is not preferable. Therefore, the most commonly asked question in summers in the Eastern countries is, “ How To Remove Sun Tan For Men”.
Well, here are some simple, yet effective ways that can help get rid of your uneven tan and get fresh and glowing skin. Before we go onto the tan removing process, let’s first understand the meaning of Tanning.
What is Sun Tanning/ Tanning?
Sun tanning or simply tanning is the process where the natural skin color/tone is darkened or tanned. It is mostly a result of exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from sunlight. Moderate exposure to direct sunlight contributes to the production of melanin(natural pigment) and vitamin D in the body. Some people tan or sunburn more easily than others. This may be the result of different skin types and natural skin color or may be a result of genetics.
Simple & Effective Ways To Remove Sun Tan For Men :
Tan doesn’t stay longer on your skin. It fades away with time. But due to uneven skin tone across the body, most people prefer to get rid of it as soon as possible. Here are the 10 best effective ways to remove suntan easily. Keep reading to understand better with a step-by-step procedure for each.
1. Lemon Juice And Honey :
When we talk about how to remove sun tan, the first on our list is obviously lemons! Lemon juice has a bleaching property that can remove suntan naturally.
- Take Some fresh lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Add 1 spoon of honey to it, mix it properly.
- Apply it on your skin evenly.
- Let this mixture stay at least for 30 minutes.
- Then wash it off with cold water.
- You can also add some sugar to the mixture and scrub your skin gently to remove dead cells from the surface.
2. Cucumber Extract :
Cucumber is well known to have a cooling nature that helps to remove tan from our skin.
- Shred a fresh cucumber, and squeeze the juice out of it.
- Apply the juice all over your skin using cotton.
- Let it dry on your skin and then wash it off.
- You may also add a small amount of lemon juice for added benefits.
3. Yogurt And Tomato :
Tomato contains antioxidants that help in brightening skin. Yogurt, on the other hand, has lactic acid which helps to soften the skin.
- Take a fresh raw tomato and peel off its skin.
- Blend it with 2 tablespoons of fresh yogurt.
- Mix them properly to make a paste.
- Use this paste on your tanned skin evenly.
- Leave it for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Was it off with water.
4. Bengal Gram Flour And Turmeric :
Both Bengal gram flour(besan) and turmeric are excellent in brightening skin. You can use them for how to remove sun tan.
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric to add to it a cup of Bengal gram flour.
- Mix some water or milk to make a paste.
- Apply this mixture on your face and body, and let it dry.
- Then gently scrub it away with lukewarm water.
- Use it regularly to see the result fast.
5. Potato Juice :
Potato juice is also known for being a good bleaching agent and often used to lighten dark circles around your eyes.
- Grate a potato and squeeze the juice out of it.
- Apply it directly onto your skin.
- Or, you can also use thin potato slices on your eyes and face.
- Keep them on for 10-12 minutes.
- Wash off once it dries.
6. Red Lentil Seeds (Masoor Dal), Tomato And Aloe Vera :
Red lentil seeds is a very effective remedy in treating suntan in summers. While tomato juice brightens up the skin and aloe vera soothes and moisturizes it.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon of red lentil seeds in water for a few hours until the seeds get soft.
- Drain all the water and put them in a blender and blend it until it makes a thick paste.
- Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and 2 teaspoons of fresh tomato juice.
- Again blend it properly.
- Apply the paste on tanned skin thoroughly.
- Let it stay for 20-30 minutes.
- Massage in a gentle way while rinsing it off with water.
7. Papaya And Honey :
Papaya has natural skin bleaching and exfoliating properties where honey acts as a natural moisturizer and has a skin soothing agent.
- Take 5-6 slices of ripe papaya.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to it and mash it up properly.
- Mix it well until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply it all over the skin and let dry.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes with cold water.
8. Oatmeal And Buttermilk :
Oatmeal has a good exfoliating and skin cleansing property. And buttermilk is rich in lactic acid which helps to soften the skin and improves skin tone.
- Take a few teaspoons of oatmeal and soak in some water for ten minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoon of fresh buttermilk to it.
- You may add some amount of honey for moisturizing.
- Mix it well to form a paste and apply it on your neck, face, and arms.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Rub with your fingers in a circular motion.
- Wash it off with water.
9. Milk Cream And Strawberries :
Strawberries are rich in alpha-hydroxy acids and vitamin C, have natural skin brightening properties. The milk cream locks in the moisture deep into the skin making it look healthy.
- Take a few fresh strawberries in a bowl.
- Mash them well using a fork or a spoon.
- Add 2 teaspoon of fresh milk cream to it.
- Mix it well to form a smooth paste.
- Put it on your face and tanned skin.
- Let it stay for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Clean it with cold water.
10. Pineapple And Honey :
Pineapple is packed with vitamin A, C, and antioxidants which help to make the skin even toned and bright.
- Take a few slices of freshly chopped pineapple in a blender.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to it.
- Blend it well until it gets smooth.
- Apply this on the tanned areas of your skin.
- And wash it water after 30 minutes.
How To Prevent Sun Tanning?
With all that said about how to remove sun tan, prevention is always a better option than the cure. If you try to avoid sun exposure, you will not have to suffer from tanning, but in today’s day, it’s almost impossible to get work done without some sun exposure. But there are ways to escape sun exposure or tanning. It is always suggested to take preventive measures for tanning rather than spending the time to treat it. Here are a few tips to effectively prevent sun tanning.
- You should always avoid scheduling any outdoor activity during the peak time of the sun(between 12-4pm)
- Wearing white or any bright colored outfits provide better protection against the sun. Avoid dark colors like black especially.
- Avoid getting too much skin exposed to the sun. Summer clothing is great! But try to cover up when you get the chance.
- Try to cover your skin as much as possible. A scarf or a lightweight shrug should do the trick and keep you cool too.
- Use a sunscreen or sun blocking lotion offering a higher SPF than 30. Re-apply it after a few hours of break.
- Shades and hats are a must. They provide extra protection against the heat and the sun.
- Pick Dark tinted and polarised sunglasses. Even your eyes need protection, especially the skin around the eyes.
- Always keep a bottle of water and a few sweet candies with you. Sweet things keep you away from having a sunstroke. And give you energy too.
- Don’t go drinking much during the summers, because alcohol has a dehydrating property and can give you a stomach upset too.
- A little sun exposure is okay, especially during the morning hours, as your body requires vitamin D
- If you love the beach, stay under an umbrella, or in the shade, too much sun exposure can exhaust you completely.
That’s everything you need to know to stay protected from the sun and how to remove sun tan! Don’t avoid it completely, but take measures to limit your timing under the sun. This way you won’t have to put too many efforts in detaining. Though a light tan is great, learn how to rock it! Try these remedies at home if your tan is too bad, if your skin feels damaged due to the sun, consult with a dermatologist to understand the root cause.
Share with others: