Do you feel embarrassed to go to the pool due to your dark underarms? Or do you feel ashamed of wearing a sleeveless t-shirt in order to hide your dark armpits? Then it is time to do away with this hesitation. You may have spent a lot of time searching for the best home remedies for dark armpits. Well, you are at the right place. In this article, we have come up with how to whiten underarms fast at home.
There are various factors such as using deodorants, excessive shaving, dead skin cell accumulation that turn your underarms dark. A dark armpit is a common problem, but it is not a disease. This may sometimes put you in a very embarrassing situation. So, if you are also facing the same problem, then do not worry. It’s never too late. You can start working on some home remedies to get rid of your dark underarms.
First, let’s discuss about the factors that commonly cause dark underarms in men.
Q. What Causes Dark Underarms In Men?
Your clothing habits, grooming habits, certain medical conditions, and a lot more factors contribute to darkening your underarms. Before discussing how to whiten underarms fast at home, let’s quickly figure out the factors that cause the darkening of your underarm skin.
1. Accumulation Of Dead Skin Cells :
Dead skin cells accumulate in every part of your body. Our underarms are not an exception to this. When you do not scrub your underarms every week the dead skin cells stay and that darkens your underarms.
2. Shaving :
You may often shave your underarms to get rid of your underarm hair. But the blades of the razor abrade the uppermost protective layer of the skin that leads to dark underarms and irritation. Even regular shaving can elevate the production of pigment cells that often leads to dark underarms.
3. Friction :
If you like to wear tight clothes then it may cause dark underarms. When the clothes often rub with the skin on your underarms it removes the thin layer of your skin that leads to irritation and dark underarms.
4. Deodorants And Antiperspirants :
Most of us use deodorants and antiperspirants to stay fresh all day long. But most of these deodorants and antiperspirants contain lots of harmful ingredients that include alcohol which leads your underarm skin to get darker.
5. Acanthosis Nigricans :
Dark underarms often occurred due to Acanthosis Nigricans(AN), a skin condition. AN thickens and darkens the folds of the skin. This skin disorder mostly affects the armpits, groin, and back of the neck. What causes Acanthosis Nigricans? Well, there are several factors that we will discuss. If you are having dark underarms you may have any of the following health conditions.
- Obesity: Those men who are suffering from obesity are often found susceptible to AN. Carrying more weight than your ideal body weight can resist the function of insulin that regulates the blood sugar level. Excessive presence of insulin enhances the production of skin pigment cells that leads to the darkening of the armpits and other skin folds. According to research, 50 percent of the people who weigh more than 200 percent of their ideal body weight have AN.
- Hormonal Disorder: Some hormonal disorders such as Cushing syndrome, acromegaly, hypothyroidism disrupts the insulin level. Therefore people with these hormonal disorders are more susceptible to having AN.
- Certain Medication: Some medicines that include birth control pills, insulin, corticosteroids, and a high dosage of niacin can trigger the AN. Therefore long-term use of these medicines can darken your underarms and other skin folds.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes is the disorder of uncontrolled and high blood sugar. People with type 2 diabetes are more likely to have AN than others.
- Genetics: The risk of AN can lie in your genes that you have inherited from your parents. If a member of your family has or had AN, it can affect you too.
- Race: AN(Acanthosis Nigricans) is common among Native Americans, Hispanics, African-Americans, and Caucasians.
- Hyperpigmentation: Excess melanin production in the body causes darker patches of skin. This skin condition is medically termed hyperpigmentation. Therefore hyperpigmentation can darken your underarms.
- Smoker’s Melanosis: If you are addicted to smoking then this habit can darken your underarms. Often smoking increases the melanin production that causes dark patches on the skin.
- Erythrasma: Erythrasma, a bacterial infection, usually occurs at the folds of skin. This causes itchiness and darker patches on the skin of your armpits and other skin folds.
Q. How To Whiten Dark Underarms Naturally At Home?
Dark underarm is a very common problem that almost every man suffers from. There are lots of home remedies for dark armpits that effectively whiten your underarm skin. These remedies use natural ingredients that are mild and safe for your skin. So, quickly check out the best possible ways of how to whiten underarms fast at home.
# Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms:
Here are the most reliable home remedies for dark underarms. You can choose one or more remedies that suit you most among the 9 best underarms skin lightening home remedies that are stated below.
1. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice therapy is one of the best answers to your question of how to whiten underarms fast at home. Lemon is highly riched in citric acid. Therefore lemon juice works as a natural bleaching agent that removes the dead skin cells that accumulate on your armpits and naturally lightens the skin of your underarms.
- Cut a lemon and gently scrub your armpits with the slices for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then let the lemon juice sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Then wash your underarms with fresh and cold water.
- Repeat this process at least thrice a week.
2. Orange Peel: Orange peel therapy comes next in the list of best home remedies for dark armpits. Orange is rich in vitamin C, which acts as a natural cleanser. Therefore orange peels help to remove the dead skin cells that accumulate on the skin of your underarms and help you to get bright underarms.
- Peel off an orange and dry it in the sunlight.
- Now grind the orange peel until it forms a powder.
- In a bowl take 1 teaspoon of milk and rose water and a sufficient amount of powdered orange peel. Steer the mixture until it becomes a thick paste.
- Now apply the paste to the dark area of your armpits and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your underarms with cold water.
- Repeat this process thrice a week.
3. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil treatment is considered as one of the best home remedies for dark underarms. Tea tree oil effectively lightens your underarm skin. Moreover, it has antimicrobial properties that prevent the growth of bacterias and funguses at your underarm skin. Therefore it keeps your underarms fresh, odor free and free from bacterial infections.
Buy It Here : Organix Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Take 8 ounces of water in a spray bottle and mix 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Spray the mixture on your underarms. Let it dry.
- Take shower when the mixture gets dry naturally.
- Repeat the process every day.
4. Cucumber: Cucumber can be another best option to get rid of dark underarms at home. The skin of your underarms hardly gets a chance to breathe. The sweat that accumulates on the skin triggers the growth of bacteria that darken your underarms. Cucumber can heal your underarms. The bleaching agents present in cucumbers gently whiten the dark patches of your underarms.
- Take a cucumber and cut it into slices.
- Now gently rub the slices on your underarms for a few minutes.
- Then let it dry for at least 10 minutes.
- After that wash your armpits with cold water.
- Repeat the process twice every day for the best result.
5. Potato: If you are looking for how to get rid of dark underarms at home, then potato is the best affordable, and easy solution for you. Potatoes contain mild citric acid that reduce the patchiness and itchiness of your dark underarms and gradually whiten the skin.
- Grate a potato and squeeze the juice out of it.
- Now apply the juice to your underarms with a cotton ball.
- Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Then wash your underarms with cold water.
- Repeat the process twice a day for the best results.
6. Turmeric: Turmeric is a very well known ingredient in our kitchen. But do you know that it can enhance your skin in various ways? Turmeric is one of the best natural home remedies for dark underarms. Curcumin, an antioxidant present in turmeric, can whiten the dark skin of your underarms naturally. For best results use turmeric with fresh lemon juice. Here are the steps that you can follow to get rid of dark underarms.
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric in a bowl and mix 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Steer the mixture until it becomes a thick paste.
- Now apply the paste to your underarms and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your underarms with cold water.
- Repeat the process three times a week.
7. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is rich in vitamin E, which is known as the natural lightening agent. Coconut oil can gradually whiten the darker area of your armpits. So, if you have dark skin on your underarms, then messaging with coconut oil can be a good option for you.
Buy It Here : Maxcare Virgin Coconut Oil
- Take a few drops of pure coconut oil onto your underarms and then gently massage.
- Leave it for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash your underarms with lukewarm water and mild body wash or soap.
- Repeat this process daily to brighten your armpits faster.
8. Egg Oil: Egg oil is one of the best home remedies for dark underarms. It naturally heals the damaged and dry skins. Egg oil contains good cholesterol and is loaded with omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. A study shows that omega 3 and omega 6 helps in new cell production and maintain its growth. Therefore, egg oil enhances the production of new skin cells that leads to bright and smooth skin.
Buy It Here : Eco Aurous Egg Oil
- Take a few drops of egg oil onto your dark underarms and massage it just before sleeping.
- Let it sit for all night.
- Wash your underarms with a balanced pH soap the next morning.
- Follow this process daily to get bright underarms.
9. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has antibacterial properties that can heal and brighten the skin of your underarms. Here are the steps that help you get rid of dark and patchy armpits.
Buy It Here : UrbanBotanics Pure Aloe Vera Gel
- Take a fresh leaf of aloe vera and cut the leaf.
- Extract the gel and apply it to your underarms. You can also use aloe vera gel that is easily available in the market.
- Leave it for at least 20 minutes and then wash with cold water.
- Repeat the process twice a day in order to whiten your underarms fast at home.
# Lifestyle Changes To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms :
If you are looking for how to whiten underarms fast at home, then along with adopting the above-stated natural remedies, you have to make some changes in your lifestyle and daily habits. These include your clothing habits, grooming habits, and even smoking.
- Change Your Deodorants and Antiperspirant: If you are using deodorants and antiperspirants daily then it may darken your underarms. We have previously discussed how alcohol present in deodorants darken your armpits. It’s time to change your deodorants. You can go for baking soda or apple cider vinegar as a natural alternative to these grooming products.
- Clothing Habits: If you are used to wearing tight-fitted clothes then you are actually rubbing the skin of your underarms that leads to darkening. The fabric of your dress also plays a role in darkening your underarms. It is better to wear loosely fitted clothes that are made of cotton.
- Shaving: Shaving your underarm hair also darkens the skin of your armpits. Therefore you can try waxing or laser hair removal techniques instead of shaving.
- Exfoliate: Scrubbing the area of your underarms with a body scrub helps to remove the dead skin cells. So you can use a body scrub twice a week to get brighter underarms fast at home.
- Smoking: We have already discussed that smoking triggers hyperpigmentation that darkens the skin of your armpits. Moreover, smoking leaves an adverse impact on every function of your body. Hence, if you are habituated to smoking, it’s time to get rid of this habit.
- Control Obesity: Extra body fat not only makes you more susceptible to AN but also triggers the risk of diabetes and other health disorders. Therefore, to keep your underarm skin brighter you should maintain your ideal body weight.
# Moisturizing The Underarms :
Shaving or plucking the underarm hair creates irritation in the skin. Therefore it is necessary to keep your underarm skin moisturized to prevent irritation and other changes in skin that cause dark patches. Always use a gentle and natural moisturizer for the best results.
Buy It Here : NIVEA Men Crème Non Greasy Moisturizer
# Medications :
There are many treatments like using topical creams, chemical peels, or laser therapy to remove pigment that lighten the skin of your dark underarms. If the dark patches of your underarms are not getting lighter even after using the home remedies you may consult your dermatologist who can prescribe you the right medicines or therapies to lighten your underarms. Moreover, if bacterial infections trigger the dark patches your physician can treat this with antibiotics. As soon as the infection goes, your dark patches will start getting lighter.
That’s all about your query, “how to whiten underarms fast at home?”. Now let’s move onto the best underarm brightening creams that are available in India. And, here they are:
7 Best Underarm Whitening Creams For Men In India :
If you are running through a very busy schedule and do not get enough time to use the natural home remedies for dark armpits then you can choose underarm whitening creams that gently serve your purpose. Those who are adopting the home remedies for dark underarms can also use these creams for better and faster results. Here we are listing the 7 best underarm whitening creams for men in India.
1. Bare Body Essentials Underarm Brightening Cream
Bare body essentials Underarm cream is one of the best underarm whitening creams for men in India. It uses vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant, as the key ingredient that nourishes your skin and gives it a brighter tone. Moreover, it protects your skin from damage. Glycolic acid present in this cream gently removes the dead skin cells from your armpits.
This underarm lightening cream gently nourishes your skin to make it softer, brighter, and smoother. This cream has an amazing fragrance that keeps you fresh all day long. This cream is safe on your skin as it is free from any harmful toxins. Moreover, this cream suits all types of skin.
- Free from harmful toxins.
- Loaded with Vitamin E and glycolic acid.
- Keep the skin nourished, moisturized, soft, and smooth.
- Removes dark spots and rashes.
- Exfoliate the underarm skin gently.
- Suitable for all types of skin.
- Comes with an amazing fragrance.
2. Sanctus Underarm Whitening Cream
Sanctus Underarm Whitening Cream comes next in the list of the 7 best underarm whitening creams for men in India. This cream uses cocoa butter, liquorice extract, olive oil, mulberry extract, and Wheat Germ Oil as key ingredients. Moreover, this cream is free from harmful chemicals such as SLS, parabens, ammonia, and mineral oils.
This cream helps to reduce the melanin deposit on the skin of your underarms and makes it look even-toned. Moreover, it removes the dark patches and rashes from the underarm area. It also keeps your underarm free from bad odor. This cream comes with a balanced pH formula that makes it more suitable for all types of skin that include sensitive skins also.
- Controls bad odour.
- Reduce Melanin deposits.
- Whiten the underarms.
- Ingredients: Olive Oil, Kojic Dipalmitate, Alpha Arbutin, Cocoa Butter, Mulberry Extract, Allantoin, Liquorice Extract, Mulberry Extract, Allantoin, Wheat Germ Oil.
- Balanced pH formula makes it safe for all types of skin.
- Free from SLS, parabens, ammonia, hydroquinone, and mineral oils.
3. Tjori Essentials Underarms Skin Brightening Pack
Tjori Essentials Underarms skin Brightening/Whitening Pack contains natural ingredients such as Lemon Juice, Orange Pulp, Fuller Earth, Glycerin, and Papaya Pulp that gently nourishes the skin of your underarms and makes it look brighter. This underarm cream is safe for your skin as it does not contain any harsh chemicals.
Kaolin clay reduces the pigmentation and fuller earth heals the darken area of your underarms. Moreover, orange pulps and lemon extract acts as a natural bleaching agent that removes the dead skin cells and gradually whitens your underarms area.
- Ingredients: Lemon Juice, Orange Pulp, Fuller Earth, Glycerin, Papaya Pulp, Aqua
- Free from harmful chemicals.
- Free from side effects and safe on skin.
- Reduces dark patches of skin.
- Reduces pigmentation.
- Removes dead skin cells.
4. RE’ EQUIL Unveil Underarm Cream For Even Toned Underarms
RE’ EQUIL Unveil Underarm Cream is another best underarm whitening cream for men. This underarm cream can lighten the dark patches of your underarms fast. So, if you are searching for how to whiten underarms fast at home then this cream could be the best pick for you. Moreover, this cream is safe on the skin and uses clinically proven ingredients.
Daily use of RE’ EQUIL Unveil Underarm Cream whitens the skin of your dark underarms and removes the dead skin cells from the area. This cream moisturizes your underarm skin and reduces roughness and dryness. Moreover, this underarm cream maintains floral hygiene, controls excessive sweating, and keeps your underarms fresh for a longer time.
- Lightens dark underarms.
- Exfoliates dead skin cells.
- Remove roughness and dryness.
- Controls excessive sweating.
5. Vital Organics Underarm Cream For Men
Vital Organics Underarm Cream for Men can be another natural and safe solution to your question of how to get rid of dark underarms at home. This underarm cream is formulated with extracts of natural ingredients that are mild and safe for the skin. Moreover, it is completely free from hazardous chemicals.
Vital Organics Underarm Cream contains aloe vera, lemon oil, mulberry extracts, and licorice extracts that are proven to be effective in lightening dark patches of skin naturally. This cream effectively lightens the dark underarms and reduces pigmentation. It moisturizes the skin of your underarms and brings a youthful glow into your underarm skin. This vegan and natural underarm whitening cream is suitable for every type of skin.
- Key Ingredients: Plant-based ingredients like Mulberry and Licorice Extracts, aloe vera, Lemon oil.
- Naturally brightens skin tone and reduces excessive pigmentation.
- Bring a youthful glow into your skin.
- Completely vegan and free from harsh chemicals.
- Suitable for all types of skin.
6. Qraa Advanced Lacto Dark Underarm Whitening Cream
Qraa Advanced Lacto Dark Underarm Whitening Cream is formulated with natural whitening ingredients such as aloe vera, lemon oil, lavender oil, and vitamin E. This underarms cream gently brightens and moisturizes your underarm areas. Moreover, it is free from parabens, artificial color, and fragrance.
This underarm whitening cream comes with the goodness of natural herbs that gently nourishes your skin and keeps it moisturised. It removes the dead skin cells from your underarm area and restores its natural skin tone. This cream is suitable for all types of skin.
- Ingredients: Aloe vera extract, lemon oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil, vitamin E.
- Exfoliates the dead skin.
- Suitable for all types of skin.
- No side effects and quick results.
- Contains no parabens, artificial color, and fragrance.
7. DÈAUX INTENSE Underarms Whitening Cream For Men
At the end of our list of the 7 best underarm whitening creams for men in India, DÈAUX®INTENSE Underarms Whitening Cream secured its place due to its effectiveness. This plant-based cream is made of vitamin C, lime pearl extract, sepicalm, and Nymphaea Alba flower extract. This underarm whitening cream does not create any irritants to the skin.
This cream gently fights against the dark spots of your underarm skin and makes it brighter. It keeps your underarm areas moist and hydrated. Moreover, it does not contain any harsh chemicals and is safe for all types of skin.
- Plant-based ingredients like lime pearl extract, sepicalm, and Nymphaea Alba flower extract.
- Gently reduces the dark patches.
- Keeps underarms moist and hydrated.
- Contains no harsh chemicals.
- Suits all types of skin.
Dark underarms are a very common phenomenon that lots of people face. It occurs due to many factors that include your skincare habits and even the type of your skin. There are various medical treatments and home remedies for dark underarms. Always keep in mind that the type of skin varies from man to man. Therefore, the remedies may also vary.
In this article, we have discussed how to whiten underarms fast at home. Choose the natural remedies that suit you best. Always keep patience to see the result while using underarm whitening home remedies. We hope that this article could answer your question of how to whiten underarms fast at home. Thank you for your time. Share the article and stay tuned for more.
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: