Yellow teeth might not be a pleasant sight first thing in the morning! Correct us if we are wrong! A set of pearl white teeth not only makes your smile better but also boosts up your personality and confidence. Due to our poor food habits, junk food, and other bad habits like smoking or over caffeinating can build a layer over the tooth enamel. Which in turn causes yellow teeth. In this article, we will unveil how to whiten teeth naturally at home.
Before we begin, first let’s understand the reason that exactly causes yellow teeth in men. Here they are.
Related Post: How Men Should Take Care Of Their Teeth After 50
What Causes Yellow Teeth In Men?
If you find the reason to prevent your teeth from getting yellow, then you don’t need to whiten your teeth. Prevention is always better than cure. Below are some of the main reasons your teeth are getting yellowish.
- Foods or drinks, like blueberries, red wine, soda, coffee, or tea
- Excessive intake of sugar and simple carbohydrates
- Smoking or chewing tobacco(Gutka, Pan-masalas, etc)
- Age. With age you likely to have yellow teeth
- Mouth trauma
- Excessive intake of fluoride(toothpaste)
- Poor dental care and oral hygiene
- Chronic dry mouth or lack of saliva.
5 Ways To Get Rid Of Yellow Teeth Naturally For Men :
The yellowness underneath the dentin layer becomes more visible as you age. Teeth can look more yellow when you grow older as the outer enamel disappears. If you are looking at how to whiten teeth naturally at home, please be careful because you may damage your teeth if products are used incorrectly or for too much time than advised.
1. Try Coconut Oil Pulling To Whiten Your Teeth :
If you don’t know about the Oil Pulling method, let us tell you first that it is one of the effective ways to whiten your teeth. A Study claims that this method removes plaque and bacteria from your mouth which helps to whiten your teeth.
- Always buy high quality, organic coconut oil
- Put 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in your mouth
- Leave it for 10 to 30 minutes minimum
- Don’t swallow it as it contains toxins and bacteria from your mouth
- Now rinse your mouth with water
- Drink a glass full of water
- Brush your teeth.
2. Orange, Lemon Or Banana Peels Can Whiten Your Teeth :
According to a study, rubbing orange, lemon, or banana peels on your teeth will make them whiter. It’s believed that the compound d-limonene and/or citric acid, which is found in some citrus fruit peels, will help to whiten your teeth naturally. This is probably the simplest method on how to whiten teeth naturally at home.
- Gargle your mouth with clean water
- Gently rub any of those fruit peels on your teeth
- Keep rubbing it at least for 2-3 minutes
- Now thoroughly rinse out your mouth
- Brush your teeth afterward.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Bleaches Your Teeth :
According to research, apple vinegar has a bleaching effect on cow teeth. However, it should be noted that it may cause damage to the hardness and the surface of teeth. But it can be used in a very small amount mixed with water to whiten your teeth.
- Only use high-quality apple cider vinegar
- Take 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 6 ounces of water
- Mix them well
- Put it in your mouth and swish the solution for at least 30 seconds
- Then rinse with water and brush your teeth.
4. Activated Charcoal Removes Stains From Your Teeth :
The next remedy to whiten teeth naturally at home is with Charcoal. It’s believed that activated charcoal can remove pigments and stains from your teeth because of its high absorbent property. It also helps to get rid of bacteria and toxins in the mouth. Activated charcoal comes in either powder or toothpaste form. One paper published in 2019 found that charcoal toothpaste can whiten teeth within 4 weeks of use but it wasn’t as effective as other whitening toothpaste.
- Put some charcoal powder on your toothbrush
- Gently brush your teeth using small circles at least for 2 minutes
- Be careful about your gums as it can be abrasive
- Spit it out and clean your mouth with fresh water.
- Don’t brush aggressively or hurriedly.
- In case you don’t want to brush just dab it on your teeth
- Leave it on for 2 minutes
- Or mix activated charcoal with a small amount of water to make a mouthwash
- Swish this solution for a few minutes and then spit it out
- Rinse thoroughly with water after using it.
5. Fruits And Vegetables Of Higher Water Content Make Your Teeth Healthy :
Consuming raw fruits and vegetables with a high-water content can help to keep your teeth healthy. The water content helps to cleanse your teeth and gums of plaque and bacteria that lead to yellow teeth. Chewing on crunchy fruits and vegetables at the end of a meal may increase your saliva production. This process can help to remove food particles that are stuck in your teeth and also wash away any harmful acids.
A review published in 2019 says that vitamin C deficiency can increase the tendency of a serious gum infection called, Periodontitis. A 2012 study found that a toothpaste containing papain and bromelain extract showed significant stain removal. Papain is an enzyme found in papaya. Bromelain is an enzyme present in pineapple.
As a matter of fact, eating healthy foods, and vegetables certainly won’t do any harm anyway. Instead, they can help your teeth from staining.
A Man’s Guide On How To Brush Teeth Properly?
When we consider how to whiten teeth naturally at home, it is imperative to understand how to brush your teeth properly. Undoubtedly, brushing your teeth more often can prevent a lot of dental problems. But it’s only helpful if you do it in the right manner. Otherwise, it may cause serious damage to your teeth and gums.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Opt for a soft bristle toothbrush
- Soak the bristle into the water before putting toothpaste on it
- Buy some good quality toothpaste
- Brush your teeth gently in a circular motion
- Be careful about your gums
- Brush inside, outside, and chewing surfaces of your teeth
- Lastly, rinse your mouth with water.
An electric toothbrush is better than the conventional ones. It is more effective in removing food particles and surface stains.
*Note: Don’t brush immediately after eating acidic foods and drinks. Brushing right away after eating can make the acids brush away more enamel from the teeth and lead to erosion.
Dental Hygiene is essential, especially if you want a bright and white smile. With these essential tips, you will be able to follow a healthy routine so you can prevent yellowish teeth. And if you have slightly yellow teeth, this above-mentioned guide on how to whiten teeth naturally at home is sure to help you out.
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: