Imperfections are unique and should be flattered. And Stretch marks are the last thing that you should be concerned about. They appear as a bunch of parallel lines of marks caused due to rapid growth in puberty or weight loss. In most cases, these marks disappear over time with age. But if you wish to get rid of them quickly and effectively you need to follow a few things. Here are the best ways to hide stretch marks for men.
From using makeup to following different fashion hacks, these are a few hacks to help fade their appearance. Before we jump into how to hide stretch marks for men, let’s understand what stretch marks are. And what causes stretch marks in men?
What Are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are a type of scar that develops when your skin stretches or shrinks quickly. They typically appear as bands of parallel lines on your skin. Stretch lines are formed in different colors and texture than your normal skin, and they range from purple to bright pink to light gray. With the sudden and abrupt changes on your skin, your skin cells rupture, and once it heals, the stretch marks appear.
However, these marks disappear over time and are not dangerous for the human body. For men, stretch marks commonly appear on your stomach, upper arms, thighs, and buttocks. Before we tell you how to hide stretch marks for men, here are some common causes.
What Are The Main Reasons For Stretch Marks In Men?
There are a lot of reasons that cause stretch marks in men. Without going too much in-depth about medical issues, let’s discuss the rather repetitive causes. So here are the common reasons men get stretch marks.
- Rapid growth in puberty
- Putting on a lot of weight in a short period of time
- Muscle growth due to rapid muscle training.
However, a few medical conditions and prolonged usage of corticosteroid creams and lotions, etc can also cause stretch marks.
How To Hide Stretch Marks For Men With Makeup?
We will only be discussing how to temporarily hide stretch marks for men or fade its appearance. In case you want to know more about it you can go through how to cure stretch marks permanently, in this article.
Makeup is not just for women. A lot of Gentlemen use makeup to cover up their blemishes too. And another best part about makeup is that it is available not only for the face but the body too. You can try a body coverup foundation cream to hide stretch marks for men.
You can start by choosing the closest color to your skin tone, don’t pick the same color as your face as your body may be a different shade.
Tinted Sunscreen :
If you have a tinted sunscreen, which can help protect your stretch marks from the sun too. As exposure to the sun can make stretch marks more noticeable.
You can use a concealer to lightly dab on your stretch marks with a sponge. Use a waterproof concealer.
Tanning Lotion :
When your body looks tanned it can help reduce the appearance of your stretch marks! You can use a concealer first and a tanner on top of it.
You can find a lot of products in the market that will help you cover your stretch marks or other blemishes. And makeup is probably the most simple and quick way to cover up stretch marks temporarily. If you don’t want to go through with laser treatment this is your best option.
Natural Ways To Reduce Stretch Marks At Home For Men :
In Mensopedia we believe that anything can be covered with natural methods. And to hide stretch marks for men is no different. However, there are medical treatments like chemical peeling, laser treatment, or ultrasound to get rid of them. But the process can be quite expensive and time taking. Here are a few ways you can reduce the stretch mark at home. Just be patient!
Here is a quick brief about how you can get rid of stretch marks naturally at home.
- Exfoliate your skin(stretch marks area) regularly
- Moisturizing is very important
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun
- Apply egg whites at least for 10-15 minutes and rinse it away
- Or, rub aloe vera on the affected area and leave it for half an hour
- Or, Massage with warm extra virgin olive oil
- Or, Rub with lemon juice on the affected area and leave it for 15 minutes
- Or, You can also use cucumber juice and leave it for 15 minutes
- Or, Mix 1 tsp of almond oil, 1 tsp of sugar, and ½ tsp of lemon juice in a bowl and apply it on the area, leave it for some time and take a shower. Try to repeat the process every alternate day.
These remedies might not effectively fade away the marks completely but you will gradually notice a small change as the marks lightly fade.
A Few Bonus Tips To Remember :
- Always stay hydrated
- Avoid alcohol as much as possible
- If you are into bodybuilding, make sure you include some stretching exercises in order to increase your skin’s elasticity. Also, do some cardio too. It will help supply enough blood to your skin to heal the stretch mark area
- Eat healthily. Include lots of protein and vitamin C, E, K and Zinc sufficiently
- Most importantly, have some patience. It will take some time to show the results.
For some people, stretch marks might not be a very appealing feature. However, it is not something you need to feel pressured to change about yourself. Only if you feel uncomfortable to do we hope this article will help you conceal stretch marks. The most successful method that does not include surgery is makeup. As it is simple and can be washed away at any time. The remedies might take longer than expected but they are absolutely safe. We recommend you visit a dermatologist if you want to get rid of it more effectively.
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: