According to the experts, dry and damaged hair has become a common problem these days. So, how to get rid of it? Well, it is mainly caused due to lack of hair nourishment and revitalising of hair strands which can be cured with a simple hair spa. The hair spa treatment is costlier and you need to know to spend time money in fashion parlour for it. Think how much easier it would be if you know how to do hair spa at home?
Yes, it is possible to provide spa treatment to your hair at home only. You cannot still believe it, right? Then, you are at the right place where you will get to know about the eleven effective ways of doing a hair spa at home for your dry and damaged hair.
This article will guide you about the process of hair spa at home in hindi also. Moreover, engaging in a hair spa at home with natural ingredients is also beneficial for your hair in the long term.
Related Post: 11 Hair Mask Home Remedies For Hair Growth & Thickness
Q. What Is A Hair Spa?
A hair spa is nothing just a hair treatment that helps in repairing and rejuvenating the dull and lifeless hair tresses. The process mainly consists of four different steps such as massaging of oil, shampoo, hair mask and conditioning.
This whole process is helpful for your hair as it helps in relaxing in your scalp and makes the hair soft and smooth. Moreover, it is helpful for providing deep conditioning and extra nourishment to the scalp, hair follicles and hair roots. Let’s find out the different benefits of a hair spa at home.
Related Post: 13 Best Hair Serum For Hair Growth, Dry & Damaged Hair
5 Surprising Benefits Of Hair Spa At Home :
Hair spa provides different benefits to your hair that can help you in getting a fresh and confident look. One of the crucial parts of doing a hair spa at home is the steaming of hair which needs to be done carefully. Doing frequent hair spa at home helps in repairing the damaged hair from roots. Find out five surprising homemade hair spa benefits.
- Stimulates New hair Growth: Thinning of hair gets triggered by the bad lifestyle, stress and different side effect of medicines. In case your strong and healthy hair is getting thinner by days you need hair spa treatment to protect it immediately. It is because, with regular hair spa, blood circulation in the scalp is increased which helps in stimulating new hair growth.
- Deep Conditioning Of Hair: In modern days, besides the pollution and dirt the use of hairdryers and straighteners also damages your hair. Not taking any remedial measures to tackle this problem can damage your hair intensely. In this case, an effective hair spa at home with natural ingredients helps in deep conditioning of the hair and damage repair.
- Nourishing the Scalp: Everyone need to know how to do hair spa at home for saving their cost. In many cases, it is observed that over time the pores of your scalp gets blocked with dust and dead skin cells. A homemade hair spa helps in unclogging your hair roots and helping the scalp to absorb the nutrients in a better way. Good massage of hair scalp with the effective nutrients improves blood circulation and revitalises the scalp.
- Balances Oil Secretion: Oily scalp of some people tends to secrete much oil and makes the hair appear thinner and lifeless. Frequent hair spa treatment at home helps in normalising the oil secretion in the hair scalp. In the case of lifeless and dry hair, a hair spa for dry hair is helpful for promoting oil secretion in the scalp and making hair lustre and bouncy.
- Smoothing Of Frizzy Hair: An effective homemade hair spa treatment helps in installing vital nutrients to the hair strands. It helps in restoring the low moisture content of your hair and hydrating it effectively. Thus this results in providing smooth and frizz-free hair. Head massage in hair spa treatment reduces the roughness of hair.
Related Post: 11 Best Vitamin E Supplements In India For Hair & Skin
11 Effective Hair Spa At Home For Dry And Damaged Hair :
This article will guide you about how to do hair spa at home. The amazing ways of hair spa at home is listed in the following section.
1. Egg Masked Hair Spa
If you want to know how to do hair spa at home, then try egg masked hair spa. The egg is a good solution for nourishing the scalp and encouraging new hair growth. So hair spa treatment using eggs is an amazing way to add protein nourishment to hair. Hair spa with egg mask is considered to be the easiest hair spa option and is one of the best homemade hair spa for damaged hair. You will require 2 eggs, mild shampoo and a conditioner for preparing this hair spa at home.
- You have to whisk the egg well and rinse the hair with lukewarm water and dry it.
- Then, apply the whisked egg on your scalp to the tips.
- Keep it for 20 minutes and cover it shower cap and then rinse it off with mild shampoo.
- Use a conditioner at last to moisturise your hair and repeat it twice a month.
2. Olive Oil Hair Spa
If you are worried about the dullness of your hair, then a homemade olive oil hair spa can be the best solution for you. Olive oil acts as a good moisturizer for making your skin soft and smoother. Providing essential nutrients to the hair hydrates the scalp and makes hair thick and strong. It is one of the easy and best hair spa for dry hair. You will only need 3 to 4 tsp of olive oil, a vessel of hot water and a towel.
- Massage your hair scalp with the tips of your finger with the help of olive oil.
- Make the towel wet with hot water and wring it dry.
- Then wrap the towel all around the hair without disturbing the hair strands and leave for 15 minutes.
- After it washes your hair with a shampoo and uses conditioner to see the amazing results.
3. Honey And Milk Hair Spa
Are you looking for how to do hair spa at home with ease? Then, try a hair spa made with only honey and milk at home to nourish the hair at a low cost. Milk contains complex proteins that help in nourishing the scalp from the inside and thereby making hair strong. The high water content in milk is good for hair hydration. On the other hand, honey is considered a natural emollient that is helpful for adding shine and glow to the hair and thus becomes one of the easy homemade hair spa.
- Take 1 glass of cream milk and 1 tsp of organic honey and mix it well to form a mixture.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp with fingertips for 15 minutes.
- Then, use a hot towel for wrapping your hair and leave for 5 minutes.
- Remove it and then wash it with mild shampoo to get effective results.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Spa
Apple cider vinegar is rich in vitamins and minerals that are good for your hair health. Do you know how to do a hair spa at home with apple cider vinegar at ease? If not, then read this article to know about it. Vinegar is good for restoring the pH level of your hair and washing the grease and dirt from it. This hair spa is beneficial for removing dandruff at ease. It is one of the quick and simplest hair spa for damaged hair.
- Take 3 tsp of organic apple cider vinegar and 1 glass of water mix it well.
- Apply the mixture well in your hair and scalp with the help of your fingertips.
- Then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat it twice a month to get effective results.
Related Post: 13 Best Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo In India
5. Avocado And Honey Hair Spa
Avocado is a good moisturising and nourishing agent as they contain natural oils and fatty acids. This fruit being rich in vitamins help in nourishing the scalp and make your hair look healthy and shiny. It is for those who want to know how to do hair spa at home with ease. The hair spa is good for soothing dry and frizzy hair as they contain omega-3 fatty acids. Moreover, honey is a natural conditioner that is helpful for rejuvenating your stress and forms the best hair spa for dry hair.
- In order to prepare this mask, skin and de pit avocados and add them to a bowl.
- Then, mash it with the honey for getting a lump-free and creamy consistency.
- Apply the mask well from your hair root to tip and steam it for steam around 10 minutes.
- Then leave it for 20 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
6. Beer Hair Spa
Do you know that rinsing your hair with beer can help you to add shine to your dull and lifeless hair? Beer is helpful for toning and mattifying the oily scalps which effectively lightens the hair. Moreover, the presence of yeast in beer is good for adding smoothness to your rough hair that making it one of the best hair spa for dry hair. If you are worried about how to do hair spa at home with ease, then try this homemade spa technique.
- Take one pint of beer in a glass bowl and leave it overnight for getting it flat.
- Then, the next morning steam your hair and wash it with a mild shampoo.
- Now in place of conditioner drench your hair scalp and tresses with the beer and massage it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it effectively with cold water to see the shine to your hair.
Related Post: 10 Best Beer Shampoo In India – For Dandruff & Hairfall
7. Strawberry And Protein Hair Spa
If you are having stress all time it can create a negative impact on your hair and create hair fall. In order to deal with this problem, you can definitely try a strawberry hair spa at home with just a few ingredients such as strawberry and egg protein. As strawberries contain a good amount of antioxidants it helps in fighting the harmful effects of oxidative stress in your scalp and hair. It includes a simple process and is one of the best hair spa at home with natural ingredients.
- First, take a few strawberries and blend them with the protein of egg yolk.
- Then, steam your hair for around 10 minutes and keep it for more than 10 minutes to let the heat sit in the hair.
- After it, apply the blend from the hair root to the tip and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Wish with normal water and a mild shampoo and see the change.
8. Cucumber Hair Spa
Besides eating cucumber, you can also apply it to your hair to do a hair spa treatment at home only. As cucumber are rich in sulphur and potassium it helps in stopping hair fall and stimulating new hair growth. Being a cooling agent it can be applied to all hair types that can help in relieving itchy and irritated scalp. It is one of the easy and best hair spa for damaged hair. If you can apply it once a week you will definitely see the change.
- Take a few cucumbers and chop them into fine slices and blend them with olive oil to get a lathery paste.
- After steaming your hair for 10 minutes keep it for 5 minutes more.
- Then, apply the paste evenly from the hair root to the tip and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it with a mild shampoo and cold water.
9. Fenugreek Hair Spa
If you are worried about how to do hair spa at home with natural ingredients? Then, you can try a hair spa with fenugreek that is easily available in every Indian household. Fenugreek is considered a rich source of iron and protein which are important components for new hair growth. This hair spa treatment can act as a solution for many hair concerns if applied with honey and curds. Moreover applying it once a week can help you to add volume and clear dandruff from your oily scalp.
- Take some fenugreek seeds and soak them overnight.
- In the morning grind the seeds with honey and curd to form a paste.
- Then steam your hair for around 10 minutes and keep it for more.
- Apply the blend on your hair and keep it for 30 minutes and then wash it with a mild shampoo.
10. Banana Hair Spa
Are you looking for a homemade hair spa for damaged hair? Then, try homemade hair spa with banana which is a simple treatment for your damaged hair. Bananas are rich in antimicrobial properties that tend to heal your dry scalp and prevent hair damage effectively. It is also one of the best homemade hair spa for dry hair. You can apply it once to twice every week to make your hair smooth.
- Mash a few ripe bananas and blend them with olive oil.
- Steam your hair for 15 minutes and let the heat sit in for a few minutes.
- Apply the paste and keep for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
11. Coconut Cream Hair Spa
Coconut cream is enriched with natural fatty acid that imparts a great moisturising effect. It also contains vitamins and minerals that can restore dry hair and scalp and work in a wonderful way for heat-damaged hair. If you are looking for how to do hair spa at home with ease, go for this remedy. You can make a hair spa with coconut cream and coconut oil and apply it to add goodness and improve the quality of your tresses. It is one of the easiest ways of hair spa at home with natural ingredients.
- You have to take half a cup of coconut cream and then steam your hair for 10 minutes.
- After it applies the coconut cream effectively to the hair root and scalp.
- Keep it for around 1 hour.
- Then wash it with normal water and a mild shampoo.
Hair spa has gained importance in modern times as the problem of frizzy hair and hair fall has increased. As the skin needs extra care and nourishment for glow, the hair also needs proper care and nutrients. It has become possible with hair spa treatment which also can be done in the home with the few steps mentioned in the article.
In order to cure frizzy hair and hair fall problems, you always need to visit a parlour you can also treat it in your home at a low cost. Hope you have found this article helpful. Stay tuned for more.
1. Should I wash my hair before a hair spa?
Basic hair spa treatment generally starts with washing the hair with mild shampoo to clean the dirt and grime in the hair. However, in-home it can be adjusted by steaming your hair for some minutes.
2. How Long Does A Hair Spa Treatment Effect Last For?
The effectiveness of the hair spa treatment mainly depends on the type of products you used. Generally, it lasts for around 15 to 30 days if you follow a proper hair care regime and a healthy lifestyle.
3. What are the disadvantages of a hair spa?
Hair spa also includes various disadvantages which you need to bear if you opt for it. The first is that it needs to be done regularly at the frequent interval for the results. Next is the huge investment you have to bear that can be minimised by doing treatment at home. Along with it may also fade the colour of your hair.
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: