An absolute must-have for the summer grooming routine for men is an excellent and effective sunscreen lotion. Harmful sun rays can always damage your skin and lead to early aging or other skin diseases. It’s better to keep your skin protected than to expose it completely unprotected to the ruthless sun rays. But, does sunscreen prevent tanning? Let’s find out the answer here.
An effective sunscreen lotion not only protects your skin from harmful UV rays but also nourishes the skin and adds glow to it. However, before rushing to choose the best one for your skin, you must first determine your skin type. It’s better to look for sunscreen lotions that have an SPF of at least 50 and are light, oil-free, and waterproof.
However, forget about researching online and wasting your precious time. We have done that part already. Below are the 13 best Sunscreens in India.
Q. Does Sunscreen Prevent Tanning?
Let us first know how do sunscreens work. Sunscreens work in two different ways. Comparatively popular chemical-based sunscreens absorb ultraviolet rays and prevent skin damage. On the other hand, physical-based sunscreens reflect and scatter UV rays away from your skin. The blocking agents used in these kinds of sunscreens include Zinc and titanium.
They are recognized as safe and effective by FDA. Both types of sunscreens prevent tanning to some extent as both of them prevent harmful sun rays from reaching your skin. It is recommended by dermatologists to wear sunscreen every single day. It may still be possible to get slightly tanned. However, it can be ignored considering the other benefits that you receive.
5 Benefits Of Using Sunscreens During Summer :
Sunscreen can be your secret to having radiant and healthy skin. If you want to protect your skin from sun damage, reduce the risk of skin cancer and prevent the early onset of wrinkles, an effective sunscreen is going to be your best companion. So what are the five most important benefits of using sunscreens? Let’s find out.
- Reduce the risk of Skin Cancer by preventing the harmful UV rays from reaching your skin and damaging it.
- Creates a protective layer against sunburn. Sunburn can lead to some deadly types of cancer. It’s better to stay under protection.
- Severe skin reddening and inflammation can also be caused by sun ray damage. Sunscreens can keep the harmful rays away from your skin and thus keeping it protected.
- Wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet are the three most unwanted aging symptoms among men. Sun damage can promote these symptoms real quick. Sunscreens will help you keep your appearance younger for a longer period of time.
- Does sunscreen prevent tanning? Yes, it does. Too much sun exposure can cause uneven skin tone and Hyperpigmentation. To avoid blotchy skin and dark spots start using sunscreens right away.
Related Post: 10 Best Tan Removal Body Scrub For Men In India
Let’s start with the list now:
Product List :
- POND’S Men Daily Defence Sunscreen
- Dermafique Soleil All Matte Sunscreen
- Neutrogena Sunscreen
- The Man Company Sunscreen Lotion
- NIVEA Sun Lotion
- Man Arden SPF 50
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1
- Himalaya Herbals Protective Sunscreen Lotion
- VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Creme
- Mamaearth HydraGel Indian Sunscreen SPF 50
- Minimalist Multi-Vitamin SPF 50
- Beardo Max Sunscreen Spray SPF-50
- Ustraa Sunscreen SPF 50
13 Best Sunscreens In India To Prevent Sun Tan :
1. POND’S Men Daily Defence SPF 30 Face Creme Sunscreen Non-Greasy
According to researchers, it takes just 7 minutes for the sun to start damaging your skin. Imagine playing football or cricket for more than one hour under the harsh sun. Sounds terrible right? You don’t need to worry if your skin is protected by Pond’s Men Daily Defence SPF 30 sunscreen. The revolutionary product is specially designed for men. The non-greasy formulation leaves no white patch around your beard and provides a matte texture on your skin.
The cream equipped with SPF 30 provides a broad spectrum UV protection. The sunscreen is also equipped with pa++ which shields your skin from the harmful uva rays, preventing dark spots on your skin. To enjoy the sun, apply 20 minutes before stepping out in the sun and you can have all the fun without worrying about sun damage. For best results reapply every 3-4 hours. Want to know more about the benefits of the cream? Here it is.
- Spf 30 shields skin against harmful uva and UVB rays
- Specially developed for men – no white patches around facial hair
- Invisible non-greasy non-sticky crème for a clean look
- Prevents skin darkening from sun
- Prevents sunburn and dark spots
- Suitable for all skin types
2. Dermafique Soleil All Matte Sunscreen
Healthy and flawless skin is not obtained very easily. But your efforts can be reduced if you have Dermafique Soleil All matte Sunscreen. Obtain sun-proof skin with this specially formulated sunscreen equipped with potent ingredients scientific innovation backed by the expertise of dermatologists and cellular biologists. Also equipped with the revolutionary Full Light technology that not just provides UV protection, but also 360 protection from all the possible sun damages.
Full Light technology is designed to protect your skin from the 360 degrees Sun Spectrum. That includes not just UVA and UVB rays but also infrared rays and visible light with RSF 90, PA++, and SPF 50. The expert formulation prevents UVA and UVB damages through the photostable filters which neutralize free radicals and prevent tanning and sun-induced aging. PA++ protects from persistent pigmentation and IR radiation damage. Let’s find out more benefits.
- SPF 50 sunscreen powered by Full Light Technology
- Prevents tanning, pigmentation, and premature aging caused due to sun exposure exposure
- Provides matte finish and does not leave a white cast
- Protects from not just UVA and UVB but also infrared rays and visible light
- Suitable for normal to oily skin
- Non-sticky, lightweight formula designed specifically for hot and humid climates
- Fragrance-free formula
- Dermatologists tested on Indian skin
3. Neutrogena Sunscreen
Want to try something with the latest breakthrough in UV protection? Neutrogena Sunscreen is equipped with helioplex technology which provides superior balanced broad-spectrum protection against skin aging, UVA, and UVB damages. The dry-touch technology provides an ultra-light, non-shiny finish on your skin. Apart from superior sunblock technology provided by SPF 50, it also contains oat kernel extracts and other active ingredients which help your skin breathe freely.
The sunblock formulation is very gentle on the skin and it’s also non-comedogenic, which means it doesn’t block your pores and cause white and blackheads. Irrespective of the weather, this product can be used regularly; it’s waterproof, sweat-proof, and resistant to rubbing off. The oil and the para-aminobenzoic acid-free recipe are safe for your skin. Your skin deserves the ultra sun protection of Neutrogena Sunscreen. Let’s dive into the key benefits and know more.
- Equipped with revolutionary helioplex technology with superior broad-spectrum protection.
- Comes with dry-touch technology for a non-shiny matte finish.
- SPF 50 ensures complete sun blockage.
- Oat kernel extracts unblock the pores of your skin.
- Gentle on your sensitive skin.
4. The Man Company Sunscreen Lotion
A brand that needs no introduction. The Man Company Sunscreen lotion, equipped with SPF 40 PA +++ offers daily protection from sunburns and even de-tans your skin. The change in our climate has made the sun’s rays even tougher to bear. Formulated with the revolutionary ingredient, Allantoin, the sunscreen not only protects your skin from cell damage but also softens your skin. Sun damage can also lead to acute dryness, wrinkles, and uneven pigmentation on your skin.
Not to worry anymore as The Man Company Sunscreen lotion is equipped with Sea Buckthorn oil which prevents dryness and moisturizes your skin to the fullest. But does sunscreen prevent tanning? To some extent it does. Sea buckthorn oil is not only good for moisturizing. It also heals sunburns, promotes regeneration of cell tissues, and corrects uneven pigmentation. Let’s know more about the key benefits.
- Provides unmatched skin protection against harmful sun rays.
- Comes with Allantoin which softens the skin.
- Formulated with Sea Buckthorn oil which fights acute dryness, wrinkles, and other skin issues.
- Experience water-resistant strong protection of SPF 40+.
- Equipped with skin nutrients including Omegas 6 & 7, beta-carotene, anti-oxidants, vitamins, and flavonoids.
5. NIVEA Sun Lotion
Probably the best sunscreen for men in India is the Nivea Sun Lotion. If you want to experience instant protection against the harsh sun, go for Nivea Sun Lotion. You don’t need to wait for 15 minutes for the protection to get activated. You can go into the sun and enjoy your activities right after the application of the lotion. Formulated with SPF 50 this sun lotion provides one of the best UVA and UVB protection. Its fast-absorbing and non-greasy and non-oily formula make it the best sunscreen for oily skin in India.
Moreover, the formulation is water-resistant. Have you ever experienced something with advanced collagen protection features? If not, it’s time you choose Nivea sun lotion and get rid of unwanted wrinkles caused by sun damage. It also helps restore the lost moisture of the skin. Considered to be the world’s no. 1 sun care Nivea sun lotion provides the most effective way to protect your skin from the sun. The key benefits may draw your attention even more.
- Provides instant protection against UVA and UVB rays.
- Formulated with SPF 50 which provides the best in class sun damage protection.
- Comes with a fast-absorbing and non-oily formulation, best for people with oily skin.
- Equipped with advanced collagen protection to prevent wrinkles.
- Heals damaged skin with all the required nourishment.
6. Man Arden SPF 50
Did you ever think of the question, does sunscreen prevent tanning? You may find the answer with the Man Arden SPF 50. This non-greasy, lightweight formulation is sweat and water-resistant. The complete protection against harmful sun-rays is provided by SPF 50 and Pa+++. It shields the exposed body parts against UVA and UVB radiation. As a result, your skin remains protected from tanning and unwanted dark pigmentation.
It is considered among the best sunscreen in India as it keeps your skin hydrated, smooth, radiant, and healthy. The antioxidant-rich formulation comes with potent botanical extracts providing advanced skincare and protection. With the minimized risk of photo-aging, you can enjoy the sun more than ever. The mineral-based sun-protection formula brightens your skin and nourishes your skin gently. Want to know more? Go for the key benefits below.
- Long-lasting protection with a non-greasy and lightweight formulation makes it the best sunscreen in India.
- Equipped with SPF 50 and PA+++ to shield your skin against harsh UVA and UVB rays.
- Keeps your dry skin hydrated for a longer period of time, also makes it smooth, radiant, and healthy.
- Rich in antioxidants and botanical extracts for an advanced skincare regime.
- Prevents photo-aging and brightens your skin.
- Mineral-based sun protection is free from harsh effects and harmful chemicals.
7. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1
How about a herbal product that promises complete sunblock all day? Lotus Herbal Safe Sun 3-in-1 comes to your rescue. It has been dermatologically proven that the herbal formulation, equipped with the SPF 40 protects your skin from 97.5% harmful UV rays for up to 6 hours. Enjoy the sun for as long as you want. If you are still confused about “Does sunscreen prevent skin tanning”, here is your answer. Yes, it does. UV B rays cause tanned skin, redness, and uneven skin tone; UV A rays penetrate deep inside the skin which eventually leads to premature aging of the skin.
Safe Sun 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock formula provides broad-spectrum protection against both UVA and UVB rays. Moreover, your skin receives instant BB glow, even tone complexion, and blends easily to give Matte finish. Not everyone has the same skin type. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun is formulated considering all skin types so that it suits all kinds of skin. Let’s find the key benefits of the product.
- Provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection to your sensitive skin.
- Corrects uneven skin tone and adds an instant glow to the skin.
- Provides nourishing hydration to maintain moisturized skin.
- Reduces aging signs like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Prevents skin tanning and redness.
8. Himalaya Herbals Protective Sunscreen Lotion
Experience complete herbal protection from the house of Himalaya with the Himalaya herbals Protective Sunscreen Lotion. Its unique double action formulation protects your skin from harmful rays and nourishes it at the same time. So say bye-bye to the harmful UV rays forever and welcome healthy skin. Extracted Cinnabloc from potent herbs like Spiked Ginger, Lily, and Greater Galangal has natural UV ray blocking properties.
Along with SPF 15, they create a protective shield on your skin which provides all-around protection from the harmful rays of the sun. It also contains Aloe Vera and Crab apple extracts to repair the damaged skin. Tanning and premature aging is something we all are concerned about. Himalaya Herbals Protective Sunscreen Lotion fights against these and lets you relax under the sun. The key benefits of the product are as follows.
- Equipped with Cinnabloc, extracted from potent herbs like Spiked Ginger, Lily, and Greater Galangal.
- Protects your skin from all kinds of sun ray damages.
- Aloe vera and Crab apple extract repair damaged skin.
- Prevents tanning and signs of premature aging.
- Nourishes the skin properly.
9. VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Creme
VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Creme promises long-lasting water-resistant sun protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. The formulation is hydrophobic in nature, so you don’t need to worry about sweat or any kind of water spillage. VLCC sunscreen answers the question “Does sunscreen prevent tanning”, boldly. It says “yes I do”. Premature skin aging and tanning will never bother you again.
Potent ingredients like Ceramide III, Niacinamide & Olive Oil, and Carrot Extract, keep your skin protected from sun damages and nourish your skin too. Ideal for sports, swimming, and other outdoor activities, VLCC water-resistant sunscreen is going to be your best companion in the sun. So never be afraid of the sun again. Rather enjoy the sun as your skin stays protected. You might find the key benefits below really impressive.
- Provides broad-spectrum protection, powered by SPF 60.
- Complete protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- The paraben-free formulation for zero side effects.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Equipped with the skin protective and nourishing agents like Ceramide III, Niacinamide & Olive Oil, and Carrot Extract.
10. Mamaearth HydraGel Indian Sunscreen SPF 50
We all are more or less afraid of the damaging effects of the sun. The UVA and UVB radiation causes long-lasting skin damage like sunburn, dark spots, dry and itchy skin. But no need to worry at all. We have the solution for you. We introduce Mamaearth HydraGel Sunscreen that not only protects your skin from sun damage but also hydrates your skin for a flawless texture. The gel-based formula is equipped with SPF 50.
Specially formulated for Indian skin, it works like a magic potion on Indian skin. The aloe vera extract present in it uses its anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the skin. Skin rejuvenating properties of Raspberries reverse the signs of aging such as fine lines, dark spots, and wrinkles. The non-greasy gel formula of the sunscreen gets absorbed quickly in the skin and instantly shows the benefits. How about the key benefits? Let’s go for it.
- Equipped with antioxidant properties of Raspberry.
- SPF 50 ensures complete protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- The non-sticky and lightweight formula get absorbed by the skin, easily.
- Aloe vera provides needed hydration to the skin.
- Suitable for all Indian skin types.
11. Minimalist Multi-Vitamin SPF 50
Among all the dermatologist-recommended sunscreen in India, Minimalist multi-vitamin SPF 50 sunscreen is considered to be one of the most popular ones. This sunscreen is believed to be the future of skincare as it comes with never before shared information about beauty and skin products. Transparent ingredients dosage, transparent ingredients grades, transparent formulations, and transparent claims are shared by the brand for user convenience. It is equipped with four very effective UV filters, namely, Uvinul T 150, Avobenzone, Octocrylene, and Titanium Dioxide to provide the ultimate skin protection formulation.
People, who think “Does sunscreen prevent tanning?” can find the answer with Minimalist multi-vitamin sunscreen. It not only protects your skin from UV damages but also repairs and nourishes your skin with the combination of A, B3, B5, E, and F vitamins. Hydrating and soothing your skin was never so easy. This photostable and acne-safe sunscreen can be used by anyone and everyone. Just like a lightweight moisturizer, this sunscreen spreads easily and doesn’t leave any unwanted residue behind. The key benefits are as follows.
- Formulated with effective UV-filters like Uvinul T 150, Avobenzone, Octocrylene, and Titanium Dioxide.
- SPF 50 PA +++ protects skin from sun damages and prevents signs of aging.
- Infused with A, B3, B5, E, and F vitamins for complete nourishment of the skin.
- Photostable and acne-safe sunscreen that suits all skin types.
- Spreads easily and gets absorbed by the skin just like a lightweight moisturizer.
12. Beardo Max Sunscreen Spray SPF-50
The Sun is out, but instead of enjoying the sun, are you thinking that “Does sunscreen prevent tanning?” Let’s get ready to face the sun with the Beardo Max Sunscreen Spray. Get instant sun protection with SPF 50 & PA+++. SPF 50 works as a skin protective agent against sunburn and skin cancer. PA +++ blocks and harmful UVA rays by penetrating deep into the skin and it also prevents premature aging signs and uneven pigmentation.
The spray is easy to use, invisible on your skin and leaves no residues. It also promotes the regeneration of cell tissues so that previous skin damages are healed easily and your skin becomes smoother than ever. The powerful anti-aging benefits of Beardo Max sunscreen keeps your skin youthful. The effective formulation of sunscreen can even heal radiation burns. So you get all-around protection for your skin.
- Comes with SPF 50 formula to protect your skin completely from harmful UV rays.
- Penetrates deep into the skin and fights aging signs like wrinkles and uneven pigmentation.
- Promotes regeneration of cell tissues and heals sunburn.
- Even heals radiation burn which can sometimes cause cancer.
- Ultra-light and non-shiny spray is easy to use and leaves your skin soft and smooth.
13. Ustraa Sunscreen SPF 50
UVA and UVB rays are the main causes of skin damages. Ustraa Sunscreen gets absorbed by the various depths of the skin and strong protection against the UV rays is built on your skin. SPF 50+ with broad spectrum assures complete protection from tanning and uneven pigmentation issue. Your question ”Does Sunscreen prevent tanning” is answered.
Unlike other non-branded sunscreens, it leaves no residue after application on the skin. It shields your skin for up to 4 to 6 hours. In case of prolonged sun exposure more frequent application can solve your issue. The paraben and sulfate-free formulation make sure that your skin stays free from any kind of side effects. Let’s have a look at the key benefits of the product.
- Complete protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- Equipped with SPF 50+ for overall protection.
- Quick absorption formula for instant action.
- Provides protection for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prevent tanning and uneven pigmentation issues.
Related Post: 15 Best Tan Removal Products For Men In India
“Does Sunscreen prevent tanning?” This is the prevalent question among the youth of the current generation. Due to climate change impacts, sun rays are way harsher than ever. We should be equipped with the necessary protection to stop the negative impacts of the harmful rays on our skin. The article has found the best available sunscreen in the market.
So get the one that suits you and stay protected from the sun. Thank you for your time. Stay tuned for more informative articles like this.
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: