Being short or tall is dependant on your genes and ethnicity. Someone being short is entirely a subjective thing, because the average height of men varies from country to country. In the US and UK, the average height of men is 5 ft. 9 inches, wherein Asian countries it reduces up to average 5 ft. 4 inches. So if you’re short or tall doesn’t really matter because we are all recognized by where we come from, not by our appearance. But every man should know some beard styles for short height men.
If you are not tall and looking for some good beard styles for you, then here’s good news for you. Here in this article we will be discussing the best beard styles for men with short height and will guide them if they should keep a beard or not depending on their personality. Firstly, we would like to inform you that a short guy with a nice beard is considered to be very classy. It’s a myth that short guys are said to have a baby face, therefore, having a beard can put to rest these comments. Besides, a beard can make any person look more masculine. Sounds interesting? Keep reading.
Does Beard Make You Look Better?
Of Course, it depends on how you groom it. A beard does the same thing for men as does makeup for women. Because it conceals your flaws and accentuates the sharp cuts and features of your appearance. Here are a few instances:
- If you don’t have a sharp jawline or cheekbone definition, a beard can help you accentuate sharp features that will make you look more manly.
- If you have strong eyebrows, growing a beard will help you to balance out the sharp features in the face.
- If you have acne problems then you should definitely consider keeping a beard as it can smartly hide it. Although sometimes grooming yourself could be a bit of a problem.
- Do you have a younger looking face? It hides the babyface features with the beard and makes you look more manly. It makes you look more mature.
Best Beard Styles For Men With Short Height :
The only thing to think about his facial hair is which beard styles for short height men. There are plenty of beard styles that you can experiment with. But when it comes to people who have a shorter height, you should consider many things. All types of beard styles don’t go with their height, especially a full-grown beard style, because that can make their face look bigger and the body looks more disproportionate.
To make things easy for you, here are the best beard styles in 2019, that a man with a short height should try.
1. Stubble Beard :
Of all the beard styles available for men, stubble is the easiest one to maintain, simplest to maintain and the one that suits most face shapes and is one of the best beard styles for short height men. It is also known as “the 3-day beard” – it is a great style for any man, for any occasion, and any face shape. It can also add some maturity to a youthful face. But despite all it’s effortlessness, it’s important to achieve a natural, well-groomed look, rather than appearing like you just forgot to shave.
According to a study by Northumbria University, it found that women prefer men with stubble and with research from grooming brand Remington showing that one in five men actually feel sexier with a stubble beard- Source
How To Maintain A Stubble Beard :
Next best beard styles for short height men, is the stubble. Stubble needs very low maintenance but that doesn’t mean no-maintenance. In order to keep it on point, you would need some basic trimming and conditioning to make it look more neat and clean.
- Exfoliate your face with a good scrub twice a day to keep your face clean and free from dead skin.
- However, the length of a stubble depends from person to person but the right length of a stubble beard is 3 – 4 mm.
- Use the precision attachment to remove the extra hair from your cheeks and below Adam’s apple.
- At last use a water-based moisturizer to keep your beard soft and healthy.
2. Short Beard :
Not every man wants to grow a full beard. This one is the cleaner version of a full beard, which is very versatile, understated and office friendly alternative. Whether it will look good on you or not totally depends on the growth pattern of your beard. For example, it looks best on men who have uniform facial hair growth pattern. Otherwise, it’s better to move on to some other styles if you have patchy hair growth pattern.
Unlike full beard, the short beard has low maintenance for beard styles for short height men. And you don’t have to deal with the hassle of messy beard styles, like food getting stuck in it or trimming it right. But before you hurry to choose your short beard style, you should definitely know about how to maintain it properly.
How To Maintain A Short Beard :
Talking seriously about growing beard styles for short height men, you should start maintaining it from day one.
- Allow the beard to grow until 1-2 cm and start keeping hair neat with the help of a trimmer.
- Use a wet razor to remove extra hair on the cheeks and to keep the lower neck area smooth.
- Never use any ordinary soap or shampoo to clean your beard. Use any beard wash instead.
- You should pay extra attention to applying beard oil thoroughly your beard, even below the chin and under the jaw because that is where your facial hair is the densest.
- Brush your beard with a natural bristle brush to make it look perfect.
3. Goatee Beard :
The Goatee beard is the perfect style of beard styles for short height men, as it is between a full-grown beard and a Moustache. It has long been the choice for rockstars, intellectuals and even those with a rebellious streak. It is clearly not for everyone, but for anyone who tries it is a challenge to maintain. There are some people who like to grow a goatee but you will need to put some efforts. Some preparation will help you get the most out of this great look, so grow your beard up to 10 mm in length.
How To Maintain A Goatee Beard :
Here’s a step by step guide on how to get it done in the right way.
- The right length of a goatee is 10 mm. However, you can grow it as long as you want it to be.
- Start trimming from the neck to the edges of your chin than your cheeks and upper lip, until you get your desired goatee outline.
- Use a razor or a precision trimmer and shaving gel to shave your beard right around your goatee.
- Use an alcohol-free moisturizer to prevent post-shave burn.
- There is an endless number of variations for the goatee, and you won’t know what suits you best until you try a few.
4. Circle Beard :
Circle beard is actually a combination of a mustache and a round goatee and is also one of the most common short beard styles in men. Thus it also referred to as ‘standard beard”. It is very popular among Indian and eastern guys who want to look presentable easily without getting rid of their facial hair. Keeping a circle beard is a bit difficult at first because you have to measure how much hair you want to keep and shave or trim other parts of beard into a perfect circle. After a few times, you get used to it, if not then you should get your beard done from a good barber.
How To Maintain A Circle Beard :
Next is a good beard style for short height men, a circle beard. Maintaining a circle beards has been made simple due to electrical shaving machine. However, prior to trimming you need to observe the following steps.
- The length of your hair is totally up to you. Shave the lower part of your goatee to an inch above your Adam’s apple.
- Shape it with a precision trimmer to get a smooth round circle that joins the goatee.
- And lastly, don’t forget to comb and trim it properly and use beard oil to set it in place.
5. Balbo Beard :
Today Balbo beard style is the most well-known beard styles for short height men. First, you need to grow a full beard, so you have enough hair to shape this beard style. It’s recommended not to shave for at least 4 weeks until the beard has fully developed.
Since Hollywood movie ‘Iron man’ has launched in May 2008, where Robert Downey Jr. has rocked this Balbo beard and thus, this style became popular among his fans. But getting a perfect Balbo beard is not a cakewalk. It needs time and skills for accurate sculpting.
How To Maintain A Balbo Beard :
- Let your beard grow for at least 4 weeks.
- When you are trimming your beard ensure that you leave a gap of ¼ an inch between the goatee as well as the mustache. This is Balbo’s main characteristic factor.
- Trim the leftover facial hair with an adjustable trimmer or a shaver.
- Always comb your beard on a daily basis to prevent the hair from curling untidily.
- Balbo beards are usually short, so you need to make it pretty cool.
Beard Styles That All Short Height Men Should Avoid :
Now that we have discussed a few beard styles for short height men. And how you can maintain it. Although there is no such restriction on beard styles that short height men should not have. These are a few beard styles that you should avoid, as it can make you look even shorter. So we would recommend you not to keep the below beard styles. Instead, you should try the above shorter styles. Here are a few beard styles that you should avoid: Bandholz, Full Beard, Garibaldi, Imperial, and Van Dyke beard style.
Most of these below styles of beard you need to grow your beard long, which will make your face look bigger in size. And that will look disproportionate according to your height. Therefore keeping in mind not to mess up the proportions of your height and to look taller you should avoid full grown beard styles and stick to small beard styles.
This is everything you need to know about beard styles for short height men. With these tips in mind, you can rock the perfect beard style for you. No matter how tall or short you are, it is always recommended to pick a style of beard that suits your face shape best. As you don’t want the beard to dominate your look, but to only accentuate your features even more. I hope this helps you choose the right beard style for you.
Share with others: