A Double chin is a very common facial feature found in most people around the world. Unfortunately, not many would prefer this feature. However, there are a lot of ways to get rid of double chins with certain exercises, diet, or surgery. All of these can be a task! So in this article, we will talk about how you can hide a double chin for men. With these 5 tricks, you will be able to create an illusion that can make your double chins vanish effectively.
So what are they? And how can you hide a double chin in photos? We have answers for all your queries. Before we unveil them we would like to talk about the reasons for having a double chin in men.
What Causes A Double Chin In Men?
The reason for a double chin varies from person to person. Some of us may have it genetically or develop it gradually due to unhealthy food habits etc. Here are the most possible reasons that cause a double chin.
- Aging and decreased skin laxity
- Unhealthy diet
- Overweight and lack of exercise
- The posture of your body
- Health issues like underactive thyroid, Cushing’s disease, kidney disorders, salivary gland inflammation, and a sinus infection.
5 Effective Ways To Hide A Double Chin For Men :
1. Fix Your Body Posture :
When it comes to how to hide a double chin for men, probably the most important thing that all men should fix is body posture. Due to excessively using computers and smartphones, all the time we don’t maintain the right posture as we are supposed to. And a poor body posture can weaken the muscles of the neck and chin. And this may cause a double chin over time, as the surrounding skin loses its elasticity when the muscles are not used.
In order to fix this problem, you just need to maintain a good posture throughout the day. Don’t hunch while walking or sitting. Always keep your neck straight so it doesn’t bend for a longer time and cause a bulge under your chin. Occasionally standing up and stretching, while working can help fix a bad posture due to long working hours.
2. Grow A Beard :
Undoubtedly the smartest way to hide a double chin for men is with facial hair. You just need to grow a full beard, that’s it. Yeah, it’s just as simple as that. When you grow a full beard it automatically hides your double chin under it. But make sure the length of your beard should be longer than the height of your double chin. Your beard needs to be long enough to cover the double chin area. Don’t grow it too long either as it can end up looking shabby.
Also, don’t forget to take good care of your beard. Grooming your beard is mandatory especially if you want your face to appear slimmer. Trim the edges of your beard, comb it and put some beard oil to make it look presentable always. So stay calm and keep growing a beard.
Related Post: How To Take Care Of Your Beard In Summers?
3. Keep A Long Hairstyle :
Just like a good beard, even a long hairstyle can hide a double chin for men. However, long hair won’t hide your double chin from the front but can cover the side profile effectively. A long hairstyle that falls below the chin can help to make your face appear leaner and longer. Which means less attention goes to your chin. While keeping a longer hairstyle you still need to maintain a neat cut and style, it also helps you to visibly reduce the front bulge as well.
Related Post: How To Grow Long Hair For Men And Maintain It Properly?
4. Wear Long Collar/High Neck Shirts :
If you are one of those who have more fat under the chin, then this is a sure shot trick to help you conceal it. Whether it’s a t-shirt or a shirt, always opt for the ones that have long collar stands and long necks as they are an effective way to hide a double chin for men. When you wear a shirt with a long neck or collar it creates an illusion that distracts someone’s focus from your double chin. The longer the collar the greater the illusion. If you don’t find the right collar shirt in the market you can always get it tailored-made.
Related Post: Quick Fashion Tips For Plus Size Men To look Slimmer
5. Use A Scarf :
Although, you can’t always use this trick as there are some restrictions of using a scarf that mostly depend upon the season. Using a scarf can totally hide your double chin and also make you look fashionable as well. For summer you can opt for lightweight cotton or linen scarf to pair up with your outfit. And in winter woolen scarfs are the best option. So you can be confident and fashionable at the same time. This is another simple way to hide a double chin for men.
How To Hide Double Chin In Photos?
Fashion is definitely a smart way to conceal your double chin without going under the knife, or breaking a sweat with exercise. However, if you still don’t want to follow the clothing tips, these tips will help you hide a double chin for men in photos. The camera can in general add weight, and if you are already conscious about your weight or double chin, then taking photos can be traumatic. Here are a few simple ways you can take pictures and hide your double chin too.
- Hide Your Double Chin By Tilting Your Head: Whether you’re taking a portrait picture or a group photo, you can quickly hide your double chin just by lifting and angling your head. Your head should be tilted at less than a 45-degree angle. And also try not to lower your chin. If you lower your chin too much, you can risk making your double chin look more obvious.
- Click Photos From Above To Minimize A Double Chin: While clicking your pictures, always change the angle of your photos. If you’re worried that your double chin might look too obvious from a forward camera angle, consider moving your camera upwards. Ideally, you want the camera to be positioned above your own height while also being tilted downwards. This might make you look shorter, but you will be able to conceal your double chin.
- Suck In Your Core Before The Picture Is Taken: Sucking in your abdomen can make you look thinner visibly on camera. While sucking in your core, try to visualize yourself lengthening your spine. Along with that also tilt your head in a way that your double chin is not grabbing all the attention. Remember, cameras add 10 pounds! So you don’t want your double chin to look bigger than it is.
Having a double chin might not be the most wanted feature, and most of us try to conceal it in one way or the other. And exercise might not be as effective as you may think. Therefore these tricks should help you conceal it. If you are confident you don’t have to hide your double chin. But if it is something that makes you conscious, especially in photos, then we hope that these simple methods will help you hide a double chin for men.
Share with others: