The Karite tree bears the fruits, and the nuts inside the fruits are of prime importance. These nuts are crushed, boiled, and manipulated to extract a light-colored fat, which is commonly referred to as shea butter, from which the best shea butter moisturiser is made. The main components of shea butter include oleic acid, stearic acid, linoleic acid, etc. They get absorbed quickly into the skin as they melt at body temperature.
Its similarity to many vegetable oils makes it suitable for ingestion. Shea butter is often used in creams, lotions, and moisturizers to make the best shea butter moisturiser for the skin. It is rich in fats that make it an excellent emollient and skin moisturizing agent.
It also contains vitamins A and E, which not only keep the skin in optimal health but also protect it from being damaged by the sun’s harmful ultraviolet radiation.
Q. What Is Shea Butter?
Shea butter is fat that is extracted from the nuts of the shea tree. It is solid at warm temperatures and has an off-white or ivory color. Shea trees are native to West Africa, and most shea butter comes from that region.
Shea butter has been used as a cosmetic ingredient for centuries. Its high concentration of vitamins and fatty acids, combined with its easy-to-spread consistency makes it a great product for smoothing, soothing and conditioning your skin.
Related Post: 10 Best Winter Moisturizer For Oily And Dry Skin
10 Benefits Of Using Shea Butter Moisturiser :
Let’s delve deeper into some of the benefits of this miracle butter for your skin. Incorporating shea butter into your regular skincare routine will work wonders for your skin. Let us know a few of these benefits with this article.
- Moisturises Dry Skin: Shea butter is an excellent moisturizer for the face and the body. Its fat content is responsible for its emollient and humectant properties. It locks in the moisture in the skin and keeps it hydrated for long. Dehydrated skin becomes rough and scaly. Certain areas of the body can even develop skin cracks due to dryness. Shea butter can nourish the skin with its fat content. It can also help to soften the skin on your hands and feet and make it supple. It penetrates the skin easily, without clogging the pores, and is effective for dry skin.
- Treats Acne And Blemishes: Shea butter is known for its healing properties, which can be attributed to the presence of several fatty acids and plant sterols such as oleic, palmitic, stearic, and linolenic acids. These oil-soluble components do not undergo saponification or convert into soap on coming in contact with alkalis. Shea butter is more non-saponifiable than other nut oils and fats, thus imparting its great healing potential.
- Reduces Skin Inflammation: Shea butter has several derivatives of cinnamic acid that exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. These properties make it beneficial for the improvement of skin conditions that result from an increase in inflammatory compounds. Generalized inflammations from conditions like dermatitis and rosacea can be alleviated by using shea butter on the affected area. Sunburns, rashes, cuts, and scrapes that can result in swelling can also be treated using this butter.
- Anti-Aging And Anti-Free Radical Agent: Shea butter is considered one of the best anti-aging agents for the skin. It stimulates the production of collagen, the youthful scaffolding protein in the skin. The vitamins A and E found in this butter keep the skin supple, nourished, and radiant. If used regularly, it reduces wrinkles and also prevents premature wrinkles and fine lines. Its anti-aging properties can also be attributed to its ability to increase circulation to the skin and promote cell renewal.
- Provides Relief To Itchy And Peeling Skin: For itching skin both the moisturizing and the anti-inflammatory properties of shea butter prove to be beneficial. Dryness can cause your skin to start peeling and/or become flaky. It can cause the skin to itch. The moisturizing fatty acids of shea butter can provide relief by supplying the skin with the oils it needs. If the itching is due to a skin condition like psoriasis, the anti-inflammatory activity of shea butter works really well to alleviate it.
- Restores The Elasticity Of The Skin: The non-saponifiable matter and vitamin F in this butter are vital ingredients for maintaining the skin’s elasticity. Shea butter also improves the production of collagen in the skin. Thus, its application restores the natural elasticity of the skin besides hydrating, softening, and beautifying it. Restored elasticity also ensures reduced wrinkles and blemishes.
- Reduces Razor Irritation And Bumps: Shaving hair using razors can often leave your skin irritated and itchy. At times, it might even develop bumps post shaving as a result of the irritation. Shea butter can help reduce this as it moisturizes and soothes irritated skin.
- Reduces Stretch Marks: Shea butter is often used as a base in ointments or creams prepared commercially for stretch mark treatment. This is because it can dramatically help prevent and reduce stretch marks formed during pregnancy due to weight gain and/or weight loss. These marks are formed when the skin stretches beyond its elastic capacity. The application of shea butter will restore the natural elasticity of the skin and also improve collagen production. It is a natural emollient.
- Helps Soothe Skin And Baby Diaper Rash: Shea butter is an excellent natural moisturizer that is devoid of chemicals. Thus, it is ideal for baby care as besides being gentle and soft on the skin, it is specially adapted for the delicate and sensitive skin of babies. It can be applied after a bath and also used for healing eczema or diaper rash on the skin of babies and toddlers.
- Excellent Lip Care: Shea butter is easily absorbable and provides extra moisture and nutrients that the lips need during the cold season and dry weather conditions. Thus, it acts as a perfect lip balm and is also effective for treating dry and chapped lips. When applied, it forms a barrier on the lips and retains moisture in the skin.
Related Post: 15 Best Fairness Cream For Men In India
Let’s start with the list now:
Product List :
- WOW Skin Science Shea & Cocoa Butter Moisturizer
- NIVEA Body Lotion For Dry Skin
- The Moms Co. Natural Body Butter
- ST. D’VENCE Winter Edition Body Lotion
- Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Glow Body Lotion
- Good Vibes Shea Butter Deep Moisturizing Lotion
- Cetaphil Dam Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion
- Bella Vita Organic Face and Body Butter Lotion
- UrbanBotanics 4 in1 Body Butter
- VLCC Shea & Vitamin E Body Butter
- Joy Honey & Almonds Ultimate Nourishing Body Lotion
- Pilgrim Shea-Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
- Jovees Shea Butter Moisturiser
- Luxura Sciences African Raw Shea Butter
- Aroma Magic Honey And Shea Butter Body Lotion
15 Best Shea Butter Moisturiser For Dull & Dry Skin :
1. WOW Skin Science Shea Butter And Cocoa Butter Moisturizer
The WOW Skin Science Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter Moisturizer is one of the best shea butter moisturiser as this lotion is a superlative moisturizer that gives intensive moisture and hydration that’s suitable for all skin types, including thirsty and parched skin.
It helps the skin retain hydration, repair damage, boost collagen and soothe inflammation for youthfully vibrant skin. It works beautifully on all skin types and can be used throughout the year. It contains ingredients free from damaging or harmful chemicals. Made without mineral oils, parabens, silicones, colors.
- Comes with natural moisturizing ingredients that lock in skin moisture.
- Has fatty acids that gently remove dryness and restore skin health without clogging pores.
- Rich in fatty acids and vitamins A and E, gives intensive sun protection and nourishment to the skin.
- Is an anti-aging Hydrator that can hold 1000 times its weight in water to help keep the skin plump.
- Rich in antioxidants and anti-aging qualities.
- Comes with anti-aging qualities that encourage self-healing of skin while boosting the production of collagen and elastin under the skin.
2. NIVEA Body Lotion For Dry Skin With Shea Butter
The NIVEA Body Lotion for Dry Skin, Shea Smooth, with Shea Butter comes with the formula of hydra IQ, which reactivates your skin’s own moisture network to give 24-hour moisturization with just one use. It ensures long-lasting softness and protection.
It is a body lotion for men and women and is great for all seasons. The formula absorbs quickly and pampers your skin with a velvety feel so it makes it position as one of the best shea butter moisturiser. It is dermatologically tested for all skin types.
- Enriched with shea butter and deep moisture serum
- It deeply moisturizes dry skin
- Gives it a silky smooth feeling that lasts for up to 48 hours.
- It comes with the formula of hydra IQ, which reactivates your skin’s own moisture network.
- It is a body lotion for men and women and is great for all seasons.
- The formula absorbs quickly and pampers your skin with a velvety feel.
3. The Moms Co. Natural Body Butter
The Moms Co. Natural Body Butter helps combat the dry, itchy, stretching skin that usually comes with pregnancy. It is safe for use during and after pregnancy. It is a toxin-free pregnancy cream with a rich combination of cocoa and Shea Butter, Moisturising Oils that increase your skin’s natural elasticity, providing comfort to your stretching belly, hips, and breasts.
It is one of the best shea butter moisturiser as it contains Vitamin-C rich Rosehip Oil which helps stimulate collagen synthesis while Natural Vitamin E prevents skin damage. The Seabuckthorn Oil promotes skin elasticity and skin regeneration while cocoa and shea body butter help nourish and encourage skin’s natural elasticity and prevent pregnancy dry skin.
- Vitamin C-rich rosehip oil helps stimulate collagen synthesis.
- Natural Vitamin E helps prevent skin damage, making this an ideal post-pregnancy belly cream.
- Contains No Harmful Or Synthetic Ingredients
- It is enriched with Shea butter which provides relief to itchy skin by supplying it with the required essential oils.
- Provides the skin with essential fatty acids and nutrients.
- It also reduces inflammation and deeply moisturizes the skin.
4. ST. D’VENCE Winter Edition Body Lotion With Tea Tree Oil & Shea Butter
ST. D’VENCÉ Moisturiser Winter Edition is an ultra-nourishing oil-based body lotion with Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil and French Shea Butter which intensely re-hydrates the lost moisture in your skin. It penetrates deeply in a layered process, promoting extremely nourished healthy skin at all times.
The exclusive result-oriented formula has been designed in such a way that all ingredients enhance and complement each other’s qualities and help restore and maintain the skin’s natural protective function. The product is extensively researched and critically developed, devoid of any harmful chemicals and is made only of 100% natural, safe, and ethically globally sourced ingredients.
- Comes with the purest tea tree oil which is best known for its powerful antiseptic properties and ability to treat wounds.
- It provides complete hydration and helps restore the protective skin barrier.
- It sinks into the skin to leave it with a healthy, smooth, and supple texture.
- Guarantees the best moisturizing effect, all day long while providing relief from itching, blemishes, and wrinkles.
- Includes olive oil and almond oil which have been used for ages as an intensive skin moisturizer and acne remover.
- Milk proteins ensure healthy and glowing skin.
5. Vaseline Intensive Care Nourishing Cocoa Glow Body Lotion
The Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Glow Body Lotion moisturizes dry skin from the very first application. It absorbs fast for a non-greasy feel. It is ideal for both men and women and is a Dermatologist Tested. It contains 100% pure cocoa and shea butter, known to reveal skin’s natural glow, and microdroplets of Vaseline Jelly to lock in moisture.
It is one of the best shea butter moisturiser as it heals dry skin for glowing radiance with rich moisturization. This daily body lotion is best for dry skin, dull skin, rough skin. It comes with smart pump quick-lock technology which unlocks and locks with no mess. The Vaseline smart pump unlocks with just a 90° turn.
- Microdroplets of Vaseline Jelly lock in moisture to allow the skin’s natural barrier to recover.
- The skin won’t feel oily after using this body moisturizer.
- The fast-absorbing formula moisturizes the skin but leaves it feeling soft and glowing, without feeling greasy
- It helps keep your skin looking healthy and Glowing
- The rich formula combines 100% pure cocoa and shea butter, giving your skin a natural glow.
- It is infused with cocoa butter and has a pleasant, subtle fragrance.
6. Good Vibes Shea Butter Deep Moisturizing Body Lotion
The Good Vibes Shea Butter Deep Moisturizing Body Lotion is one of the best shea butter moisturiser as is a 100% raw and natural moisturizer that absorbs quickly into the skin, locks in the skin’s moisture, and gives long-lasting moisture and hydration with skin glow.
The cell-regenerative properties soften the skin and diminish wrinkles and signs of aging. It also helps increase collagen production and soothes inflammation for youthful, vibrant skin. The high-fat content in Shea Butter makes it an excellent lotion for cracked and dry skin, giving it ample moisturization, hydration, and nourishment.
- It has extensive healing and hydrating qualities that reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars
- It helps in the formation of new skin, leaving it satiny smooth, and richly nourished.
- It helps hydrate and moisturize the skin deeply
- Soothes inflammation, softens the skin as well as has an anti-aging effect on the skin.
- It also provides the skin with essential fatty acids and vitamins that help hydrate and nourish your skin deeply.
- It is free from parabens and is suited for all skin types.
7. Cetaphil Dam Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion, Shea Butter
Cetaphil DAM is a specially formulated ultra-hydrating lotion that instantly replenishes, hydrates, and protects dry skin for 24 hours. This rich, fragrance-free moisturizer contains ERC-5 (Epidermal Replenishing Complex) – a unique combination of 5 key ingredients that help relieve dry, sensitive skin, leaving it nourished, soft, and smooth.
This lotion helps to both rehydrate and prevent moisture loss, helping skin maintain its natural protective barrier and tolerance to irritation and looking visibly healthy.
- It is light, non-greasy, and quickly absorbed- ideal for use over larger areas e.g. the body
- Long-lasting Hydration up to 24 hrs and Does not block pores.
- Non-greasy, non-irritating, non-comedogenic, and fragrance-free.
- Designed with a unique combination of five key ingredients.
- It is clinically proven to hydrate for 24 hours and help replenish lipids.
- The moisturizing formula is fast-acting, long-lasting, and helps protect extra dry skin.
8. Bella Vita Organic Face And Body Butter Lotion
The Bella Vita Organic Face and Body Butter Lotion is a deep moisturizing lotion that improves the health & texture of the skin and helps it repair naturally. The healing and antibacterial properties in its ingredients help in repairing the skin naturally.
This body butter lotion helps keep the skin deeply hydrated, nourished, and moisturized while keeping skin irritants away. It also helps in brightening the skin and adding glow to it. Its lightweight formula makes it non-sticky and non-greasy.
- It is supplemented with the healing and antibacterial properties of ingredients such as shea butter, cocoa butter, vitamin E
- Contains aloe vera which heals dry skin instantly and keeps stretch marks and skin irritants away apart from making it soft and smooth from deep within.
- Its texture is very smooth, creamy, and lightweight.
- It is absorbed easily without leaving any oily or white shaft on the skin.
- It helps in smoothing and repairing dry and damaged skin naturally.
- It also helps in reducing itchiness, inflammation, and acne.
9. UrbanBotanics 4 in1 Body Butter
This ultra-hydrating body butter is one of the best shea butter moisturiser as it enriches skin with essential fatty acids and antioxidants to soften, smooth, and firm your skin. The lightweight, velvety texture absorbs instantly for immediate and long-lasting nourishment.
Creamy shea makes this body butter especially nourishing and soothing for dry skin. Gentle moisture sinks in deeply and keeps skin hydrated. It is also helpful in reducing stretch marks.
- Use anywhere on the body to soften and maintain well-hydrated skin
- Soothes and softens dry, irritated skin and aids in reducing stretch marks
- The rich, creamy formula is fortified with an exotic blend of Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter and Caramel extract to leave your skin feeling silky smooth to the touch.
- Cruelty-free and free of parabens, phthalates, harsh preservatives, and fragrances.
- It delivers intense moisture to dry skin for up to 48 hours, and leaves skin radiant and lightly scented after just one application.
- It provides hydration to dry skin and relief to itchy skin.
10. VLCC Shea & Vitamin E Body Butter
VLCC Shea & Vitamin E Body Butter is one of the best shea butter moisturiser as a super-rich formulation that delivers the goodness of Shea, Vitamin E, and antioxidants. This rich nourishing body butter is like a superfood for your skin.
The shea oil and vitamin E oil helps to protect your skin and repair the natural barrier. It provides ultra hydration to dehydrated skin to maintain the skin’s oil balance. It reduces the effect of UV damage and stimulates collagen formation.
- Ultra hydration to dehydrated skin
- Maintain skin’s oil balance
- Reduces the effect of UV damage
- Stimulates collagen formation
- Vitamin E oil helps to protect your skin and repair the natural barrier.
- Delivers the goodness of Shea, Vitamin E, and antioxidants.
11. Joy Honey & Almonds Ultimate Nourishing Body Milk Lotion
The Joy Honey & Almonds Ultimate Nourishing Body Milk Lotion enriched with the goodness of Almond Oil, Honey & Vitamin E. This body lotion features a combination of shea butter, sweet almond oil, and coenzyme Q10 – the three indulging ingredients renowned for their skin-nourishing qualities.
Honey moisturizes the skin making it smooth, firm, and youthful. Almond oil protects the skin from dryness and wrinkles. The Joy Body lotion relieves dry skin by moisturizing the skin intensely to provide smooth, soft, and supple skin. It absorbs into the skin quickly, making it firm and healthy without leaving it greasy and oily.
- It is enriched with the goodness of Almond Oil, Honey & Vitamin E.
- Relieves dry skin by moisturizing the skin intensely to provide smooth, soft, and supple skin.
- It absorbs into the skin quickly, making it firm and healthy without leaving it greasy and oily.
- This body lotion is effective for extremely dry skin.
- Advanced nourishing body lotion for deep nourishment & moisturization.
- Features a combination of shea butter, sweet almond oil, and coenzyme Q10.
12. Pilgrim Shea-Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
As there is a loss of moisture throughout the day (Outdoors due to Sun and Indoors due to the air-conditioner), a body lotion is a must every morning to ensure your skin gets proper hydration & nourishment to remain young & healthy.
The Pilgrim Shea-Cocoa Butter Body Lotion ensures long-lasting moisturization for all skin types (dry, normal, sensitive, oily, or combination) and can be used by both men and women. The anti-aging body lotion melts straight into your skin, locking in the moisture and improving skin elasticity. It has a premium non-greasy texture which is light, creamy, and fluffy.
- Long-lasting 24 hour moisturization maintains optimal skin health
- It provides intensive care and long-lasting nourishment that rejuvenates and restores dry, itchy, or tired skin
- Offers a premium and deeply moisturized feeling without leaving behind a greasy residue
- Softens skin with the extra care needed for the rough patches on the skin.
- This body lotion for men and women works equally well on all skin types and seasons
- Protects from elemental damage Prevent sun damage, aging, spots, and loss of elasticity of the skin.
13. Jovees Shea Butter Moisturiser
The Jovees Shea Butter Moisturiser is one of the best shea butter moisturiser as this hydrating moisturizer with antioxidant properties contains the best herbal ingredients and a variety of botanical and fruit extracts.
It protects the skin against dehydration and counteracts deficiencies of essential moisture by supporting the skin’s ability to retain moisture. It helps to revitalize and restore balance to dry and stressed skin. It is an excellent recipe for normal and dry skin.
- Contains a variety of botanical and fruit extracts, which protects the skin against dehydration.
- Counteracts deficiencies of essential moisture by supporting the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- It helps to revitalize and restore balance to dry and stressed skin.
- It is the best moisturiser for all over the face and neck.
- An excellent recipe for normal and dry skin.
14. Luxura Sciences African Raw Shea Butter
The Luxura Sciences African Raw Shea Butter has Vitamin A which has soothing and hydrating properties which provides healthy skin collagen to prevent premature wrinkles, premature facial lines, and premature slackened skin.
Vitamin E balances and normalizes the skin. Helps keep it clear and healthy, particularly beneficial for dry or sun-exposed skin.; Vitamin F – Acts as a skin protector and revitalizes. It soothes rough, dry, or chapped skin on contact and helps soften and revitalize it.
- Good for dry skin, hair and blemishes.
- Naturally rich in several vitamins. Vitamins A, E, F, and K.
- It offers UV protection and provides the skin with essential fatty acids. and the nutrients necessary for collagen production.
- Provides healthy skin collagen to prevent premature wrinkles.
- Vitamin E balances and normalizes the skin.
- Soothes rough, dry, or chapped skin.
15. Aroma Magic Honey And Shea Butter Body Lotion
The Aroma Magic Honey and Shea Butter Body Lotion are some of the best shea butter moisturiser as the Triple action formulation pamper your skin with the unique blend of honey and shea butter and supplies vital nutrients from soya extracts to your skin.
It is enriched with the power of ylang-ylang and patchouli essential oils which smoothens and conditions your skin, with the power of SPF 25. It is 100 % free of petrochemicals, phthalates, toxic ingredients, artificial coloring, and fragrance.
- The triple-action formulation pampers your skin with a unique blend of honey and shea butter.
- Supplies vital nutrients from soya extracts to your skin
- Enriched with the power of ylang-ylang and patchouli essential oils, I calm, smoothen and condition your skin
- The power of SPF 25, also protects your skin from sunburn.
- 100 % free of petrochemicals, phthalates, toxic ingredients, artificial coloring, and fragrance.
- Moisturises, nourishes and protects.
Shea Butter Moisturisers are gradually gaining popularity nowadays. Shea Butter Moisturisers are rich in vitamins, and acids that effectively reduce lots of skin problems including damaged skin, rough skin, and acne. They also make your skin soft, supple, and smooth without any side effects.
We have already discussed the 15 Best Shea Butter Moisturiser In India For Dry & Dull Skin. You can choose the best one for you. But, before changing your skincare habits, you should consult a dermatologist. We hope that you find this article helpful. If you like it, share it and stay tuned for more.
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: