Dry feet and cracked heels generally occur in both men and women which brings discomfort to our daily lifestyle. Cracked heels are not a serious problem among people but excessive dryness on the skin sometimes states health issues. Sensitive skin leads to dry skin that splits open the skin and causes painful cracked heels. Here, we will be discussing 13 simple yet effective cracked heel home remedies.
The problem of dry feet and cracked heels can be easily cured at home also without spending much money on any medical treatment. This article will guide you about the cracked heel home remedies which are effective for treating dry skin problems. Before discussing the home remedies for dry feet, let’s find out the reasons that cause dry feet and cracked heels in men.
Related Post: Men’s Guide On How To Do A Pedicure At Home
Q. What Causes Dry Feet In Men?
Feet are exposed to rough surfaces generally more as compared to other parts of the body. The skin on the feet mainly consists of various sweat glands but no oil glands. This makes it more susceptible to being dehydrated and dry. Dry feet are generally caused due to moisture lack on the skin. Some other reasons that cause dry feet in men include
- Inability to retain moisture
- Wearing imperfect shoes
- Not maintaining proper foot hygiene
- Being more exposed to dry weather.
- Sometimes bathing more in hot water also causes dry feet in men.
Q. What Causes Cracked Heels In Men?
Cracked heels become a cosmetic concern for people which causes more problems during dry and winter seasons. Let’s look at some of the reasons that cause cracked heels in men.
- Excessive dryness of the skin over the heels
- Decreasing humidity in winter fires up the problem as the skin becomes drier
- Suppose you are standing all day which increases the pressure on your feet and can contribute to cracked heels
- Moreover, if you have any medical problem such as diabetes, eczema, obesity, or any fungal infection then the chances of getting cracked heels in you increases
- Men wearing backless shoes increase the friction on their heels which also causes heels to crack.
13 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry Feet & Cracked Heels At Home :
Are you feeling shy about removing your shoes in public because of your cracked heel? Your home and its kitchen can be considered as a repository of various ingredients with healing properties and high medicinal values that can cure various daily problems. Now let’s look at the cracked heel home remedies that can solve your problem of dry feet.
1. Vaseline And Lemon Juice
Winter brings pain to some people in the form of cracked heels which can be mitigated with easy use of vaseline that has a moisturizing effect. Lemon juice being rich in Vitamin C content helps in reducing skin damage. If you use lemon with vaseline it can help you get rid of dry skin and cracked feet. It is one of the best home remedies for dry feet and is easily available in any household.
- Gently steep your feet in light lukewarm water for about 15 minutes and dry them off.
- Mix 1 tsp of Vaseline with some drops of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture over the cracked heels and other parts of the feet as required.
- Then, wear a pair of socks and wash them in the morning.
- Follow this procedure daily.
2. Tea Tree Oil And Olive Oil
The oil of tea trees is known for its antimicrobial properties which can also cleanse the heels effectively. It also can reduce the redness and swelling of your heel for which it makes in the list of cracked heel home remedies. Olive oil acts as a natural humectant that helps in moisturizing dry skin as it contains various vitamins and nutrients. Using tree tea oil is one of the best home remedies for dry cracked feet to use along with olive oil.
- You have to take up to one-fourth cup of Olive oil and add 5 to 6 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Soak your feet well in warm water.
- Then, mix it well and use it to get a good massage of your fit and heels with the blend.
- This way will make your cracked heels disappear much quicker.
3. Aloe Vera And Glycerin
Do you know that Aloe vera acts as a hydrating and healing agent for skin and works best on dry skin? So, you can also use it at home by mixing glycerin with it to get rid of your dry skin and cracked heel problem. Adding aloe vera with glycerin works as the best moisturizer for skin and is also one of the best home remedies for cracked heels in summer.
- You have to take around two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and mix with one tablespoon of glycerin.
- After washing your feet with lukewarm water, massage the mixture on your feet and heels.
- Try to keep it for around 1 hr to get hydrated and fresh feet.
- Use it daily to get the best results.
4. Castor Oil And Olive Oil
Castor oil is one of the commonly used laxatives which is used for skin problems because of its antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Olive oil and castor oil is easily available in households and can provide you with budget-friendly home remedies for dry cracked feet. A gentle mixture of these oils is one of the best-cracked heel home remedies.
- Mix 2 tsp of castor oil and olive oil well to get a thick form.
- Massage your feet with the mixed oil before going to bed at night.
- Also, smear vaseline if there are cracked heels on your feet and make it absorbed.
- Melt a small candle and carefully apply it to the skin with a flat brush.
- Wear cotton socks and keep them overnight and peel off them in the morning rubbing the remaining residue in the feet.
5. Cooking Oil And Vegetable Oil
Cooking oils easily get absorbed on the skin and prevent skin from getting dry. Vegetable oils are also overloaded with nutrients that contain vitamins A, D, and E that revamp skin and help in healing cracked heels by generating new cells. Massage with vegetable oils is one of the best rough-heels home remedies at present.
- You need to clean and dry your feet effectively first.
- Then, nicely spread the thick layer of the vegetable oil on the cracked heels and feet.
- Wear comfortable socks and leave them overnight.
- Repeat it daily before going to bed to get smooth and moisturized heels.
6. Sea Salt And Oatmeal Scrub
Sea salt contains scrubby elements in it that act as an exfoliant agent for skin which opens skin pores for deeper clean. It is available in the market easily whose scrub can make your skin better absorb the moisture and other treatment on the skin. Sea salt helps in removing the dead skin cells from the skin which makes it the best cracked heel home remedies.
- Mix 100gms of sea salt, 100gms of honey, 100 gms rice powder, and 100ml almond oil and mix it well.
- Also, add 10 drops of peppermint oil to it and mix it well and keep it in an airtight jar.
- With the help of using a loofah, scrub the mixture daily on your feet.
- It will dislodge the dirt and grime from your feet.
- You will get crack-free soft and smooth feet within a week of its use.
7. Lemon And Apple Cider Vinegar
Do you love to clean your face with apple cider vinegar? Then, you will be amazed to know that it can work effectively for healing your cracked and dry feet. As vinegar is antimicrobial in nature it cleans your feet and removes foot odor to make your feet clean. Vinegar and lemon juice are easily available in any household kitchen which makes this way one of the important cracked heel home remedies.
- Take a fresh lemon and grate the outer skin.
- Then, boil about three liters of water in a pan along with grated lemon.
- After boiling, keep it for making to a lukewarm temperature.
- Then, add one tsp of vinegar into it and soak the feet in for around 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Turmeric And Licorice Powder
Licorice powder is said to contain glycyrrhizin that helps to fight the bacteria and fungi which tend to infect the skin. Every kitchen also has turmeric which is known for its antioxidant properties and helps in brightening irritated skin. Also, its antiseptic properties are useful for healing dry skin naturally. So using a mixture of these ingredients has become one of the most used cracked heel home remedies in various households.
- Take around two tsp of turmeric and tsp of licorice powder in a bowl and mix it well.
- Mix it until it becomes a thick paste.
- Massage this scrub gently in your dry and cracked heels for a few minutes.
- Then wash it off to get hydrated and smooth feet.
- Follow it daily to treat your cracked heels at home.
If you want to prefer to get healthy and soft heels at ease and quick at home then pure honey is the only solution. Honey is considered a natural antiseptic that tends to help in healing your dry and cracked feet. Moreover, it is seen as a good humectant that helps in moistening and prevents the dryness of the skin. The soothing property of honey can revitalize your feet and is the best way in the list of cracked heel home remedies.
- Take 1 cup of honey and add it to a tub containing warm water.
- Clean your feet with lukewarm water apply this mixture and massage it gently for 20 minutes.
- Then, dry the feet and apply a suitable moisturizer.
- Follow this regularly before going to bed to get smooth heels.
Related Post: What Causes Dry Skin? 13 Best Home Remedies For Dry Skin
Bananas tend to contain high amounts of nutrients such as vitamins A, B, and C which help maintain the elasticity of the skin. As consuming bananas keeps you hydrated also applying it on the skin keeps your skin hydrated. It is available in the market which when applied to the skin can act as a natural moisturizer for keeping the feet moist. It is one of the easily cracked heel home remedies on the list.
- Take two ripe bananas and mash them into a smooth paste.
- Try to avoid unripe bananas as they contain acid which is not good for the skin.
- Gently apply the banana paste all over the dry and cracked heels including the nails and toe of feet.
- Keep it for 20 minutes then rinse it with dry water.
- Follow this process for two weeks before going to bed to see the effective results.
11. Using Pumice Stone
Pumice stones are said to form when the lava and water get mixed. They are good for your feet as they help in reducing pain in your feet. It is removing the dead skin from feet and making it smooth being available in the market, it is one of the easily cracked heel home remedies on the list.
- You have to soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes to soften your skin.
- Then wet the pumice stone in the same water.
- Rub it in the rough areas of your feet for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat it regularly to see effective results.
12. Using Shea Butter And Olive Oil
Shea butter acts as an emollient which helps soften and hydrate the skin well. It contains different types of fatty acids and is available in nearly every household. Shea butter is economic in form and can be daily applied to create a natural barrier for skin and protect skin from damage. It is one of the best cracked heel home remedies known today.
- Take 1 tsp of shea butter and 1 drop of olive oil and mix it well in a bowl.
- Massage the mixture effectively in the form of a circular way in your cracked feet.
- Then, wear socks overnight to lock the moisture.
- In the morning, wash it off with lukewarm water to get effective results.
Related Post: 15 Best Lip Balms For Dry & Chapped Lips For Winter
13. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an excellent home treatment for cracked heels and has been used for a long time. It is used because coconut oil contains high amounts of protein and a natural form of proteins that help in repairing damaged skin. When coconut oil is used after a good soaking in the feet, it will help in locking moisture on the skin. It is one of the best home remedies for cracked heels in summer.
- Wash your feet well before going to bed.
- Then, scrub well the coconut oil on your leg and cracked feet to exfoliate your skin.
- Wear a sock and go to sleep.
- It is one of the easiest cracked heel home remedies in modern nowadays.
Cracked heels problem is a common issue among us which can easily be treated at home by taking daily care of your feet and following simple home remedies. Following the above-mentioned cracked heel home remedies will help you to tackle dry skin at a much lower cost. Hope you have found this article helpful. Stay tuned for more.
Q: What does it mean when you have extremely dry feet?
If you are exposed to extreme weather and walk barefooted then your feet can become dry. There are also medical causes that can cause dry feet problems such as Athlete’s foot and Eczema. Athlete’s foot occurs when your feet are exposed to dampness for long and gets fungus which causes problems. On the other hand, Eczema causes the skin to become dry and itchy and begins to get peeled off.
Q: Can cracked heels be caused by a vitamin deficiency?
Yes, cracked heels can occur due to vitamin deficiency also which can cause severe pain. Some vitamins which can cause cracked heels in you include Vitamin E, B3, and C. Deficiency of these vitamins in the body due to an imbalanced diet can cause your heels to crack.
Q: Do Wearing socks help dry feet?
Yes, wearing socks seems to help you to get relief from the problem of dry feet. If you can wear socks along with medicated creams that can help you to lock moisture in your foot for a long time and prevent dryness and crack.
Q: Can walking barefoot cause cracked heels?
Most of you have a query that walking barefoot causes heels in feet to get cracked. Yes, it is as the feet get exposed to the dust and hard floor which causes heels to dry and crack. Arthritis and diabetes people get more prone to dry feet problems.
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: