Clay masks were all the rage back in 2019; it was endorsed by almost everyone universally, from celebrities to corporate overlords. Today, we investigate their relevance yet again – are they still worth the hype in 2022? Let’s make sure we know the basics. The best clay face pack for acne has a natural ability to soak up most materials, which means when applied as a mask directly to your skin, it helps unclog your skin of toxins and give your face a brighter look.
Your skin may feel tighter after its application. It can serve as an indicator of a good clay mask. It helps clear your skin, brightens it, and is the solution for oily skin. It is great for hydrating dry skin, protecting your skin from breaking out, restoring the skin balance, having antimicrobial properties, preventing skin diseases, oxygenating your skin cells, regulating sebum production, and is completely organic.
Table Of Contents:
- 7 Benefits Of Clay Pack On Face
- Product List
- FAQ – What does clay do for your face?
- FAQ – Can I use clay on my face every day?
- FAQ – Are cay masks good for acne?
- FAQ – Are clay masks good for sensitive skin?
- FAQ – Can clay masks tighten pores?
7 Benefits Of Using Clay Pack On Face :
What are the benefits of using a clay pack on the face and how do they work? Let’s find out.
- Helps Clear Your Skin: Through the course of the day, your skin encounters many pollutants, such as dirt, oil, dust, and many other impurities that can accumulate on your skin, ultimately leaving it to be rough and giving your pores a larger appearance. It is the primary reason why exfoliation is recommended to be carried out regularly to keep your skin clean and get rid of any pollutants that might want to stick around.
- Your Solution For Oily Skin: We all have struggled with oily skin at one point or another, and a clay mask is an answer to your prayers. The detoxifying abilities of clay can help give your skin a matte texture, and that is what everyone with oily skin prays for.
- Protects Your Skin from Breaking Out: Larger pores mean more accumulation of oil, which can, in turn, make an environment perfect for nurturing bacteria and eventually result in breakouts and skin that is more prone to acne. The use of clay masks can help avoid all this and make your skin less prone to acne.
- Restores The Skin Balance: Maybe you have combination skin, skin that is too oily or has no oil at all, or maybe either incredibly prone to acne or very resistant. Either way, it’s giving you grief. It usually occurs when your skin’s internal balance is off. The best clay face pack for acne can be a godsend in such scenarios as it leaves your skin neither very dry nor irritated.
- Prevents Against Skin Diseases: Clay does not wipe out an entire colony of bacteria but only regulates their numbers. It allows the bacterial population to jump back to normal in due time. Clay masks act as remedies for diseases like eczema, dermatitis, and even psoriasis.
- Oxygenating Your Skin Cells: It not only cleans your skin surface but, once it unclogs your pores, it allows for more oxygen to be in contact with living skin cells. This increased amount of oxygen can be beneficial to the skin tissue and aid in the rejuvenation of the cells.
- Regulates Sebum Production: In many cases, our immune systems are hyper-activated when the body is under tremendous stress. Under these circumstances, the body can over-produce sebum. Clay masks can help minimise the symptoms by soaking the excess sebum.
Related Post: 15 Best Turmeric Face Pack For Acne Free Glowing Skin
Let’s start with the list now:
- L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask
- Mamaearth Charcoal, Coffee & Clay Face Mask
- Lotus Herbals Claywhite Black Clay Face Pack
- Biotique Tea Tree Skin Clearing Clay Mask
- Plum Green Tea Clear Face Mask
- WOW Skin Science Anti-Aging Clay Face Mask
- mCaffeine Cappuccino Coffee Face Mask
- Joy Revivify Green Clay Mask
- Vedix Customized Face Pack
- Modicare Schloka Glow Orange Peel Clay Face Pack
- Dot & Key Glow Reviving Vitamin C Clay Mask
- Cetaphil Pro Oil Control Face Purifying Mask
- Good Vibes Oil Control Mask
13 Best Clay Face Pack For Acne Free Healthy Skin In India :
1. L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask
The L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask is one of the best clay face pack for acne. Skin Experts have created a super-charged pure exfoliating clay mask enhanced with Red Algae Extract to exfoliate and refine your skin in just 10 minutes. The unique and efficacious formula provides a multi-sensorial, fragrant experience while potent pure clays and volcanic rock exfoliate dead skin on the face and smooth surface imperfections.
This Pure-Clay Mask addresses rough skin and deep clogged pores on the face to reveal a polished, pore-minimizer, and smooth complexion. Immediately skin texture appears refined and smooth. Pores are visibly minimised.
- Facial pore cleansing removes dead cells, dirt, and oil from the skin.
- Imperfections are less visible.
- Not only will the skin feel as though it can breathe, but it will also be healthy-looking with a beautiful glow.
- 3 pure clays and red algae.
- Exfoliates dead skin cells.
- Unclogs and tightens pores.
Though it is known to be effective, there are not many proven results.
USP: Comes with a unique and efficacious formula that provides a multi-sensorial, fragrant experience.
2. Mamaearth Charcoal, Coffee And Clay Face Mask
The Mamaearth Charcoal, Coffee and Clay Face Mask is one of the most widely used clay face pack for acne as the papaya+mulberry+cucumber fruit extracts have vast antioxidant properties which help remove toxins, unclog pores, even skin tone, moisturise and fight blemishes.
The activated charcoal and kaolin clay are proven to help with irritated skin, inflammation, pimples, acne, and other bothersome skin concerns. It acts as an overall skin detox and helps in reducing pigmentation. It has no parabens, sulphates, mineral oil, dyes, synthetic fragrances, etc.
- This face mask not only gives your skin a refreshing glow but will reduce pigmentation.
- Reduce your pigmentation without spending tons of money on your treatments.
- Comes with the benefits of coffee seed extract the perfect ingredient for all skin types to reduce redness, inflammation, or puffiness
- It helps tighten pores and brighten your complexion.
- This face mask has a cocktail of fruit extracts such as Papaya + Cucumber + Mulberry. Papaya and Cucumber are known for their hair and skin benefits.
- The vast antioxidant properties help remove toxins, unclog pores, even skin tone, moisturise and fight blemishes.
It comes with fruit extracts that have a fruity smell which is not liked by many.
USP: This product has Papaya, Mulberry, and Cucumber fruit extracts that have vast antioxidant properties.
3. Lotus Herbals Claywhite Black Clay Skin Whitening Face Pack
The Lotus Herbals Claywhite Black Clay Skin Whitening Face Pack is a widely used clay face pack for acne as black clay is very rich in minerals and silica; helps brighten the facial complexion. It has Bearberry extract and is rich in arbutin and liquorice extract to help lighten facial complexion.
It is an expert and cures acne and eczema-prone skin. It protects your skin from bacterial contamination and cares your face well in hot humid weather providing refreshing and soothing skin.
- Cures acne and eczema-prone skin
- Protects your skin from bacterial contamination
- Care your face well in hot humid weather
- Provides a refreshing and soothing skin
- Is very rich in minerals and silica
- Helps brighten the facial complexion.
It is known to dry up the skin too much, which causes rashes with long term use.
USP: Comes with precious black clay, which is very rich in minerals and silica.
4. Biotique Tea Tree Skin Clearing Clay Mask
The Biotique Tea Tree Skin Clearing Clay Mask is made with purifying tea tree oil from the foothills of the Himalayas and is the perfect clay face pack for acne. It is ideal for blemished skin with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is organically pure and preservative-free.
Breakouts are minimised with regular use to keep skin smooth, shine-free, and conditioned. This cooling, oil-absorbing mask purges pores and clarifies skin. It controls excess facial oil and gives an instant glow.
- Biotique Tea Tree Clay Mask is made with purifying tea tree oil from the foothills of the Himalayas.
- 100% vegan and, no to animal testing.
- Ideal for blemished skin with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Organically pure and preservative-free.
- It controls excess facial oil and gives an instant glow.
- Breakouts are minimised with regular use to keep skin smooth.
The flavour and smell of the product are not at all popular.
USP: This product comes with purifying tea tree oil from the foothills of the mighty Himalayas.
5. Plum Green Tea Clear Face Mask
The Plum Green Tea Clear Face Mask is rich in antioxidant green tea that not only helps in healing acne and acne marks but also helps control sebum production by absorbing excess oil. It is a naturally creamy and super smooth green tea clay mask for oily, acne-prone, and combination skin. It doesn’t leave your skin parched wanting you to run and grab a moisturiser.
It comes with a soft, creamy formula that applies nicely and is also easy to wash off, without drying your face. Gentle exfoliation of glycolic acid removes dead cells and impurities, while the antioxidant benefit of organic green tea extracts helps control acne (pimples) over the long run.
- A must-have product for oily and combination skin types.
- Gives you instantly brighter, healthier-looking skin.
- Comes with a soft, creamy formula that applies nicely and is also easy to wash off.
- Gentle exfoliation of glycolic acid removes dead cells and impurities.
- The antioxidant benefit of organic green tea extracts helps control acne.
- Helps control sebum production by absorbing excess oil.
Long term use can dry up your skin, and can result in rashes and other minor side effects.
USP: The product is made with a soft, creamy formula that applies nicely and is easy to wash off, without drying your face.
6. WOW Skin Science Anti-Aging Green Tea Clay Face Mask
The WOW Skin Science Anti-Aging Green Tea Clay Face Mask helps brighten your complexion and restore skin’s natural suppleness with Hyaluronic Acid. It is a rich moisturising cream with the goodness of coconut water, coconut oil, hyaluronic acid, and Pro-Vitamin B5. It helps to soothe very dry, dehydrated skin and gives it youthful suppleness.
Coconut water is loaded with healthy vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals that help fade blemishes and age spots for an even-toned complexion. This skin-softening cream spreads easily and gets absorbed into the skin so that your skin can breathe yet remain amply nourished.
- This cream is made in the Himalayas.
- It is 100% vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free.
- It contains No Silicones, Mineral Oil, Parabens, and Colour.
- This product is suitable for all skin types.
- The antioxidants in the face pack aid in protecting skin from free radicals and environmental damage.
- The vitamins in the mask support skin repair and restore its natural moisture mantle.
It is known to be useful for a few specific skin types, so it is not for all.
USP: The product is enriched with the goodness of coconut water, coconut oil, hyaluronic acid, and Pro-Vitamin B5.
7. mCaffeine Cappuccino Coffee Face Mask
The mCaffeine Cappuccino Coffee Face Mask helps in removing 99.9% of acne-causing germs so undoubtedly it is one of the best clay face pack for acne. It also helps control oil while toning and soothing the skin. It has been crafted to fight acne and helps achieve clean, clear, and energised skin. Its vibrant and refreshing coffee notes are surely a reason to make it part of your skincare regime.
This Cappuccino Coffee Face Mask is made from Coffee and Caffeine. These are rich in antioxidants and tone the skin as well. Coffee is considered a super-food for the skin because of its numerous benefits. This Caffeine-infused mask is suitable for all skin types making it perfect for everyone.
- Ensures that your skin is free from acne and other issues.
- It has Salicylic acid which weakens acne-causing bacteria.
- It also has Kaolin clay which absorbs excess oil.
- Almond Milk soothes the skin.
- It is a great face mask for men and women as it is gender-neutral.
- Helps control oil while toning and soothing the skin.
The flavour and smell of the product are not at all popular.
USP: The product is made with superfoods like Coffee, and Caffeine that is rich in antioxidants.
8. Joy Revivify Green Clay Mask
The Joy Revivify Green Clay Mask is made with Kaolin clay, as one of its primary ingredients, this pore clarifying face mask removes any trace of dirt and impurity from your skin without making it dry. Infused with Hyaluronic acid, experience soft, supple, and hydrated skin after every use. It quenches your skin with the right amount of water that keeps it moisturised and also regulates cell regeneration.
The result is firm and healthy-looking skin that doesn’t sag or show any signs of premature ageing. This green clay and green tea face mask are packed with properties that exfoliate, brighten and detoxify your skin. This clay face mask controls the sebum production in your skin, without affecting the natural oil balance. It keeps breakouts and pesky pimples out of your way.
- Balances the natural oils in the skin
- Exfoliates detoxifies, clears impurities, and brightens skin
- Tackles fine lines, dark spots, and dry skin
- Detoxifies skin by removing dead skin cells, reduces large pores, and firms skin
- Exfoliates to flush out dirt and toxins from open pores
- Brightens to reveal an even-toned skin
The product is not competitive due to its price and packaging if compared to its rivals.
USP: This clay face mask controls the sebum production in your skin, without affecting the natural oil balance.
9. Vedix Customized Face Pack
The Vedix Customized Face Pack comes with Tea Tree oil that helps fight acne-causing germs. It is one of the most effective clay face pack for acne as it regulates acne breakouts and even out skin texture. The face mask helps to increase the elastin in the skin which absorbs water and moisturises the skin, keeping it plump and smooth.
Formulated by Ayurvedic physicians, the facemask contains natural and organic herbs. It’s free of unhealthy compounds and parabens. Vedix offers products that are 100% safe and effective for your skin.
- Tea Tree oil helps fight acne-causing germs.
- Regulates acne breakouts and even out skin texture.
- Helps to increase the elastin in the skin which absorbs water and moisturises the skin
- The facemask contains natural and organic herbs
- Free of unhealthy compounds and parabens
- It is safe and effective for your skin.
The herby smell of the product might turn you away from the product as it contains organic herbs.
USP: The product is formulated by Ayurvedic physicians and contains natural and organic herbs.
10. Modicare Schloka Glow Orange Peel And White Clay Face Pack
The Modicare Schloka Glow Orange Peel and White Clay Face Pack give your face a glow with Orange Peel extract. It absorbs excess oil, opens clogged pores, and removes deeply embedded impurities. White clay firms the skin, helps restore its natural elasticity and improves skin texture and complexion.
It is suitable for all skin types. Contains no parabens, sulphate, colour, or silicones and helps to deliver maximum benefit. is rich in nutrients and antioxidants that hydrate dry skin, neutralise free radicals, and help to improve skin’s texture and appearance.
- It gives your face a glow with Orange Peel extract.
- It absorbs excess oil, opens clogged pores, and removes deeply embedded impurities.
- White clay firms the skin, helps restore its natural elasticity
- Improves skin texture and complexion.
- It is suitable for all skin types
- Contains no parabens, sulphate, colour or silicones and helps to deliver maximum benefit.
The flavour is tangy orange which is not accepted by many in spite of its long list of qualities.
USP: The product contains White clay and Orange peel extracts which gives your face a glow.
11. Dot & Key Glow Reviving Vitamin C Pink Clay Mask
The Dot & Key Glow Reviving Vitamin C Pink Clay Mask is a natural facial mask, with a vitamin C serum-induced pink clay face pack that works to give you a radiant, dewy-looking complexion. Working better than skin lightening creams, this vitamin C clay mask contains only natural ingredients that neutralise free radicals and brighten your complexion.
It includes glow-enhancing ingredients like Kakadu Plum and Acerola Cherry that boosts vitamin C, hydrating hyaluronic acid that hydrates and plumps skin, and pink clay that removes pigmentation to bring back clear skin. This face pack for glowing skin removes toxins and infuses skin with vitamin C to revive your skin’s shiny lustre.
- Made with no nasty chemicals, Dot & Key’s products are cruelty-free and use natural botanicals.
- Vitamin C clay mask for natural skin glow
- Clears stubborn pigmentation marks
- Antioxidant-rich formula fights free radicals
- Intensely hydrates skin for a plump and supple look
- Strengthens skin’s protective barrier and boosts skin radiance to restore its clarity.
The product is hardly available in the market and is occasionally available online.
USP: This clay mask contains Vitamin C and is made of natural ingredients that neutralise free radicals.
12. Cetaphil Pro Oil Control Face Purifying Mask
The Cetaphil Pro Oil Control Face Purifying Mask gently exfoliates and lifts away dead skin cells, leaving skin refreshed and cleansed. It reduces excess oil and shines to mattify skin. It is Non- comedogenic and does not dry out the skin.
It is a gentle exfoliator for acne-prone skin. It effectively draws out impurities, dirt, and pollutants to deep clean the skin. Cetaphil Pro Oil Control Purifying Clay Mask gently exfoliates, reduces excess oil, and shines to mattify skin.
- Gently exfoliates and lifts away dead skin cells,
- Leaving skin refreshed and cleansed.
- It reduces excess oil and shines to mattify skin
- It is Non- comedogenic and does not dry out the skin.
- It is a gentle exfoliator for acne-prone skin.
- Contains Avocado Oil, Apple Extract derivative, Shea Butter, Virgin Cucumber Oil.
Long term use or overuse can cause dryness and dullness to the skin.
USP: It is a Non- comedogenic product and does not dry out the skin.
13. Good Vibes Oil Control Mask
The Good Vibes Oil Control Mask is a nourishing and moisturising face pack that helps in making your skin look healthy and revitalised. It helps in regulating and balancing sebum and oil production. It helps in imparting a purified, oil-free look that lasts all day long and helps in sloughing off the excess oil production in the T-zone.
It is an excellent natural exfoliator that will leave the skin soft, and cleansing of dirt, bacteria, and oils. It can also help clear out pores, which in turn helps prevent acne-causing bacteria.
- It helps in making your skin look healthy and revitalised.
- Helps in regulating and balancing sebum and oil production.
- Helps in imparting a purified, oil-free look that lasts all day long
- Helps in sloughing off the excess oil production in the T-zone.
- It is an excellent natural exfoliator that will leave the skin soft, and cleansing of dirt, bacteria,
- Helps clear out pores, which in turn helps prevent acne-causing bacteria.
The product is not at all well marketed. Besides the brand is not much known or advertised, so there is no awareness amongst the consumers.
USP: The Good Vibes Oil Control Mask controls the excess oil production in the T-zone.
The journey of natural skincare is not easy. There’s a lot of different information out there and a lot of products that are packed with nasty ingredients. Though there’s nothing that feels quite as satisfying as a clay mask, especially when you’re dealing with a fresh breakout or your skin feels extra greasy.
Related Post: 13 Homemade Besan Face Pack For Spotless Glowing Skin
The way the clay hardens and tightens on your skin can make it feel like it’s really, truly, definitely working. The clay face pack for acne has legitimate benefits, especially for certain skin types which we have already discussed in this article. You can now choose the best for you. We hope that you find this article helpful. If you like it, share it and stay tuned for more.
1. What does clay do for your face?
If you find the right clay mask for your skin type, it can work wonders for your skin. Clays help to detoxify the skin and draw out impurities and oils from the surface of the skin. This is especially helpful to those people with acne or oily-prone skin. But even if you’re not plagued by breakouts – in which case, lucky you – clays can be rich in minerals and acids that can benefit other skin types, too.
2. Can I use clay on my face every day?
Whether you can use clay on your face every day depends on the type of clay you are using. You can use kaolin clay every day, even as your cleanser. However, you should only use bentonite, french green clay, and rhassoul clays 1-2 times a week.
3. Are clay masks good for acne?
Absolutely! Clay masks are very effective for acne because they absorb impurities from your skin that cause acne, so using a clay mask as part of your regular routine can reduce future breakouts. Clay also has anti-inflammatory properties to soothe existing breakouts. Some types of bentonite are even antibacterial to fight the acne-causing bacteria that get trapped in your pores.
4. Are clay masks good for sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin ongoing conditions like eczema and rosacea can definitely benefit from integrating a clay mask once a week into their routine. If you have sensitive skin that has often experienced reactions to some ingredients, in such cases clay masks are a great option.
5. Can clay masks tighten pores?
Clay masks, especially french green clay, can be effective for reducing the appearance of your pores. It’s not possible to change the size of your pores but a clay mask can reduce the impurities stuck in your pores and improve the elasticity of the skin around the pore. This will definitely improve the appearance of your pores.
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: