When we look back at our childhood days, those chumpies (head massages) are undoubtedly our favorite memories, aren’t they? An easy and most effective solution for all your hair-related problems is oiling your hair with different homemade hair growth oil which we have discussed below in this article. Keep reading to know the recipes.
Factors like pollution, stress, erratic lifestyle, diet, among others, have contributed to several hair problems. Additionally, if the hair products you use are loaded with chemicals, that also leads to hair damage. The best way to deal with this is to oil your hair at least twice a week with homemade hair growth oil.
Oiling the hair and scalp acts as a rejuvenation exercise and removes any excess dosha that has accumulated in the head region, releasing the stress and thereby restoring the balance. In this article, we have come up with 11 Homemade Hair Growth Oil Recipe For Faster Hair Growth. Go through the article to find the best one for you.
Related Post: 13 Easy Homemade Hair Pack For Dry & Damaged Hair
10 Surprising Benefits Of Oiling Hair :
Is homemade hair growth oil good for your hair? This may be the question that comes to your mind. Right? Let us answer your question first. Here we are going to pen down how beneficial homemade hair growth oil can be for your hair and scalp. While adding homemade hair growth oil to your hair maintenance routine is beneficial, it is important to know why. Here are a few major benefits of oiling your hair.
- Helps Soften Your Curls: Curly hair dries much faster than regular hair. When it dries, it becomes frizzy and hard to manage. Regularly oiling your hair with almond oil, olive oil, or coconut oil helps manage the frizz and gives you soft, buoyant curls.
- Hydrates The Hair: Hair tends to lose hydration due to the exposure it has to the elements, and dry hair can lead to extensive hair fall. One of the most potent ways to avoid this is by applying oil on your hair the night before and showering the next day. Doing this three nights a week with coconut oil or olive oil will give you outstanding results.
- Nourishes Your Hair: One of the main benefits of oiling with homemade hair growth oil is that different oils possess minerals and vitamins essential to hair health. Almond oil has Vitamins B, K, and E, Olive oil has Vitamins B12, B6, B3, and Vitamin K as well as Vitamin E. These are all essential to hair maintenance because of the deterioration your hair faces when it is exposed to the elements.
- Prevents Hair Fall: A hair oil massage once a week with homemade hair growth oil is extremely important to your hair health. This is because hair oil massage benefits include exfoliation of the scalp, cleaning off dead skin, and nourishing and revitalizing fine hair and all of this helps prevent hair fall.
- Helps Improve Hair Growth: Coconut oil is used in Thailand, Indonesia, Hawaii, New Zealand, and Brazil for hair growth. Almond oil is commonly used in Europe, the United States of America, and Japan for the same. Wherever you go, oiling for hair growth with homemade hair growth oil is considered a sure-fire thing.
- Reduces The Risk Of Lice: Lice are attracted to a dry flaky scalp. They are also attracted to the bacteria caused due to the dead skin on your scalp. Homemade hair growth oil prevents dryness and also removes dead skin and exfoliates the skin. Some homemade hair growth oil like olive oil has antibacterial properties too, and a combination of these factors help prevent hair lice.
- Prevents Dandruff: Like with lice, dandruff is attracted to an overly dry and sweaty scalp, this can be difficult because dust and pollution can cause dryness. Applying homemade hair growth oil like castor oil three nights a week overnight can help prevent dead skin cell build-up which is another reason for dandruff.
- Strengthens Hair Roots: Applying homemade hair growth oil on your scalp regularly exfoliates the skin and removes harmful toxins from your hair. This clears hair follicles of harmful bacteria and strengthens your roots immensely. Additionally, applying hair oil also replenishes lost minerals and vitamins to your hair and scalp which also strengthens roots.
- Prevents Bacterial Infections: Most hair oils have antibacterial properties; these oils when applied on the scalp helps prevent dangerous bacterial infections caused by exposure to the elements. Another cause of bacterial infections is residual bacteria from dead skin and hair, and homemade hair growth oil helps remove this from your scalp.
- Prevents Anti-fungal Infections: Like antibacterial properties, most oils have antifungal properties. These properties keep fungus growth away and keep fungal infections at bay. It is important to remember that fungal infections grow due to excess moisture, oiling and shampooing regularly can help balance the moisture levels on your scalp and hair.
These are the key reasons why homemade hair growth oil is beneficial for your hair. We hope that we could answer your question. Now let’s move towards 11 Homemade Hair Growth Oil Recipe For Faster Hair Growth.
Related Post: How To Grow Hair Faster & Thicker Naturally For Men?
11 Homemade Hair Growth Oil Recipe For Faster Hair Growth :
1. Curry Leaves & Coconut Oil
They are easily available in every Indian kitchen, especially curry leaves, which are a super ingredient for your hair. They are rich in essential nutrients, antioxidants, and amino acids that prevent hair thinning and hair fall by strengthening your hair follicles. Curry leaves are also rich in beta-carotene and proteins that stimulate hair growth. They make an awesome homemade hair oil recipe for hair growth.
- Dry a handful of curry leaves in the sun for over two days.
- Then, boil them in 100 ml of coconut oil.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Filter and use the fast hair growth oil homemade mixture to massage your hair and scalp.
2. Kalonji Seeds & Olive Oil/Coconut Oil
Another natural ingredient that is popular with most grandmas is kalonji seeds. These seeds are rich in vitamins A, B, and C and nutrients like magnesium, zinc, iron potassium, and essential fatty acids, all of which work together to give you problem-free, healthy hair. Kalonji seeds when teamed with your hair oil not only make a perfect homemade herbal oil for hair growth but also treat split ends and conditions your hair. Now that’s for a super ingredient!
- Grind a tablespoon of kalonji seeds in a food processor.
- Fill a glass bottle with olive or coconut oil and add the powdered seeds to it.
- The oil will be ready to use in 2-3 days.
- Every time you want to massage your scalp, heat a small quantity of this oil and use it.
3. Camphor, Castor Oil & Olive Oil
Considering the fact that camphor is an extremely beneficial ingredient for both skin and hair ailments, it’s no big surprise that it’s an integral part of Ayurveda and a hit with the grannies. Packed to the brim with antiseptic and antioxidant properties, camphor strengthens hair cuticles and nourishes dry hair while also adding volume and luster. Camphor also works to cure dandruff and is one of the best natural remedies for hair fall.
- Mix equal parts of camphor oil, castor oil, and coconut oil for hair growth
- Massage it onto your roots and hair.
- Heat this hair growth oil before use, so that it effectively penetrates the scalp.
4. Neem & Almond Oil
Dandruff is possibly the most common hair concern and our grannies mommies have a solution for that too. Neem, the super ingredient is laden with antioxidants and fatty acids and is antifungal and anti-inflammatory. These medicinal properties of neem make your hair healthy and dandruff-free and are one of the best home remedies for hair growth.
- Dry a few neem leaves for two days.
- Boil 100 ml of almond oil along with those dried neem leaves.
- Allow the leaves to soak in the oil for a week.
- The hair growth oil will turn green in the period, which means it is well-infused.
- Filter the oil and it’s ready for you to use.
5. Amla & Olive Oil
Another popular Indian ingredient for nourishing hair, Amla is rich in Vitamin C and great for those who want lustrous, black hair. Amla also works as a string conditioner to give you deeply hydrated locks that are less prone to breakage making it one of the best hair oil recipe for hair growth.
- Take some dried amla pieces and boil them in olive oil
- Leave those pieces sitting in the oil for a week to prepare an effective hair growth oil.
- Store it in a glass bottle and use it twice a week for best results.
6. Peppermint Oil & Grapeseed Carrier Oil
The anagen phase of hair growth is the first stage in the hair growth cycle and also the most crucial. Nourishing your roots with home remedies for hair growth during this phase will aid in growing healthier and thicker hair. This is where peppermint oil comes into the picture. This refreshing oil, when combined with grapeseed, helps increase blood flow to your scalp and strengthens the follicles so undoubtedly it is one of the best homemade herbal oil for hair growth.
- Mix peppermint oil with the grapeseed carrier oil in the ratio of 1:4.
- Massage the concoction into your hair and leave it on for five minutes.
- Comb through your hair once and rinse off with a gentle shampoo afterward.
7. Hibiscus Flower & Coconut Oil
Enrich with vitamin A, vitamin C, and other nourishing nutrients, hibiscus flowers are well known for natural remedies for hair fall and delaying hair greying. When combined with coconut oil, this formula will give your hair luminous shine, fight split ends, and hair growth for a thick, dark, silkier, and bouncier mane.
- Wash the hibiscus flowers you are planning to use thoroughly with cold water and dry them on a tray under the sun.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and carefully add the hibiscus flower petals to it.
- Heat the mixture for five minutes on a low flame, remove from flame and let it cool.
- Strain the oil and store it in a dark bottle.
- Warm it up a little bit every time before use and massage it on the scalp.
- Leave for an hour and wash off with a gentle shampoo.
8. Onion & Lavender Oil
It is a common and fast hair growth oil homemade ingredient in many cultures, as onions are high in sulfur content and help treat many hair issues including hair fall. When combined with lavender, this concoction is enriched with cleansing and antibacterial properties that help soothe your scalp infections and strengthen hair roots to aid in dense hair growth.
- Extract the juice of three onions and mix with equal parts of coconut oil.
- Massage on your scalp an hour before a hair washing and shampoo with a cleansing formula.
- Make sure you get all of the onion juice out of your hair to avoid the pungent odour.
9. Lemon & Olive Oil
Give your hair Lemons! The citric acid present in lemon is well known for preventing hair follicles from getting weaker, thus reducing hair fall. It unclogs the pores in your scalp, thereby reducing dandruff. Be gentle when applying this oil to the scalp.
- Grate the lemon’s outer layer (zest).
- Mix it well with olive oil.
- Leave it in sunlight for a few days.
- Strain and your herbal oil are ready.
10. Black Seed Oil
Black seeds (black cumin) promote excellent scalp health. This oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help to keep the scalp clean and dry. The black seed oil promotes hair growth, prevents premature greying, improves scalp health, restricts hair fall, and moisturizes your dry hair.
- Take five cups of water and two handfuls of black cumin seeds in a pot.
- Boil them for 10 minutes and leave the mixture to cool down.
- Strain the liquid and add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to it.
- Store in a container and use it thrice a week for best results.
11. Mint & Almond Oil
This mint oil is antimicrobial in nature, which helps in reducing dandruff and keeps the scalp cool and clean. Increasing blood circulation with a vasodilator like mint oil aids in hair growth and prevents hair fall. It also leaves a fresh fragrance on your hair.
- Roughly crush some mint leaves using the back of a spoon.
- Place the crushed mint leaves in a jar with almond oil and leave the jar in sunlight for two to three days.
- Strain the oil and it is ready to use whenever required.
Homemade hair growth oils are gradually gaining popularity nowadays. Oiling your hair regularly works wonders on your scalp if followed religiously. Get your hands on these natural ingredients, add them to your hair oil and get an instant fix from hair fall to dandruff. Apart from helping with rejuvenation, oiling also strengthens the hair from the roots to tips, providing nourishment on the whole.
- http://Homemade Hair Oil For Faster Hair Growth | Femina.in
Disclaimer: This article does not represent the views and opinions of medical professionals. It is solely based on research and reference by the author. It does not offer any medical suggestions or advice.
Share with others: