Hair Loss is a common issue these days, not just for women, but for men too. As we grow older, hair loss is an unavoidable aspect that comes with age. We consider our facial features the best, and what accentuates our features is the hair on our head. Therefore it’s quite understandable when men worry about hair loss.
Due to various reasons, hair loss and thinning have become a major concern now, could be due to the everyday stress we put our hair through, or genetics, or even regular styling and usage of products. Androgen alopecia or hair loss in men is caused due to hereditary factors. But sometimes it is also due to inadequate nutrition, stress, and anxiety. One way to tackle hair loss is by fighting these symptoms that can trigger it in the first place. So if you have facing problems with hair fall, then don’t worry, we are here to help you tackle it with home remedies for hair fall in men.
There are many effective remedies for baldness and hair loss in men, some of which include oil massages, eggs, avocados, aloe vera, honey, vinegar, etc other ingredients to be added to your diet. It doesn’t end there, the remedies also include cutting down on some meats and brown rice and increasing your overall intake of B-complex vitamin. Here’s everything you need to know about natural ways to regrow hair or prevent it from thinning.
Reasons For Baldness Or Hair Fall :
As mentioned above, there are a number of reasons for hair loss in men. But not every reason can help you tackle it with home remedies for hair fall in men. Let’s take a glance at some causes for hair loss.
- Male pattern baldness
- Fungal infections
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Psychological disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
- Less circulation in the scalp
Hair Loss occurs in women too, but for different reasons that may be slightly similar. However, it is men that suffer from this health condition more predominantly. Men suffer from male pattern baldness from an early age as 20-40. Some people try to stimulate follicles to try to reproduce hair, but there are other ways to help reduce hair loss and baldness too.
10 Home Remedies To Control Hair Fall :
Here are a few home remedies for hair fall in men. This way you don’t need to invest your money and time in expensive treatments that can even have side effects like scarring. These home remedies are completely safe for your skin and scalp and are proven to help with hair fall. Keep reading
1. Coconut Oil :
People often lose their hair because of styling too much with harsh products. Let’s start with the most common home remedy to reduce hair damage and breakage and improve hair growth. By using coconut oil, it can go deep in your hair shafts and prevent hair loss. Here’s how you can use it.
- Take a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil
- Massage it into your hair and scalp
- Leave it on for a while and rinse with a mild shampoo
- Follow with a conditioner.
- Repeat twice or thrice a week.
2. Amla (Gooseberry) :
Another great home remedies for hair fall in men is Amla or the Indian gooseberry. It contains hair growth properties that promote hair growth in men. It has a stimulating effect on the scalp and hair follicles that can, in turn, promote hair growth. Here’s how you can use Amla for hair loss.
- You can use powdered or amla oil
- Take a few tablespoons of oil
- Massage it onto your hair and scalp
- Wash it off with a mild cleanser
- Follow up with a conditioner, repeat twice a week.
3. Green Tea :
Our next in the list of home remedies for hair fall in men is not an application. That’s right, we are talking about Green tea. Its benefits are known well. Drinking green tea stimulates the growth of dermal papilla cells of the scalp. Green tea can also help in preventing androgenetic alopecia.
- Use a cup of hot water with a green tea bag
- Let the tea bag steep for 10 mins
- Strain and allow to cool a bit
- Drink the tea 1-2 times a day.
4. Egg Yolk :
Have you ever tried an egg whites mask for your skin? Well, an egg is not only great for your skin, but it’s just as good for your hair too. The water-soluble peptides in egg yolk possess hair growth properties that can be used to treat hair loss. So here are a few ways you can use eggs as home remedies for hair fall in men.
- All you need is an egg yolk
- Whisk the egg yolk well
- Apply this onto your scalp
- Leave this on for only 30 minutes
- Rinse with a strong shampoo and conditioner
- Repeat once a week
5. Henna :
Next is another common home remedy that is used in most households, that is Henna. Henna promotes hair regrowth when applied topically, it also works to prevent hair loss and damage. Here’s how you can use henna leaves for hair growth.
- Take a cup of henna leaves and add water
- Blend the leaves to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to your scalp
- Rinse after leaving for an hour
- You can do this once in 2 weeks
6. Curry Leaves :
Nest on our list of home remedies for hair fall in men is curry leaves. Not only are they used in the kitchen, but they also work wonders by restoring the natural pigment in your hair. Curry leaves are also used to stimulate hair growth in men. Here is how you can use it.
- Take a handful of curry leaves
- Add half a cup of coconut oil to it.
- Heat it to create a concoction.
- The mixture turns into a black residue
- Apply this to your scalp and leave for 30 mins
- Wash it off with a mind shampoo and conditioner.
- Do this every once a week
7. Hibiscus :
Ever seen those beautiful vibrant hibiscus flowers in your garden? Well, they can be used to reduce hair loss. Chinese hibiscus leaves and flora have the ability to promote hair growth in men and woman. Here is how you can use hibiscus for your hair.
- You will need a couple of hibiscus flowers and leaves
- Add coconut oil to the blend
- Apply this to your scalp and hair
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Rinse it using a shampoo and conditioner.
8. Yogurt :
Another popular ingredient in your home that you can use is Yogurt. It is rich in probiotic and is ample good for your hair. Many use it as one of the home remedies for hair fall in men. It has an acidic pH that can cure the hair follicles and prevent further damage to your hair that can trigger hair loss. Here is how you can use yogurt for your hair.
- Take a bowl full of probiotic-rich yogurt
- Include this in your diet every day
- Consume a bowl of yogurt to improve hair growth
9. Onion :
Next is another kitchen common ingredient, an onion. Onions are great for your scalp. By applying onion juice topically onto the scalp, it can aid hair regrowth and even reduce the symptoms of alopecia areata. Here is how you can use onion for hair growth.
- All you need is half an onion
- Blend the onion and strain the mixture
- Apply the juice onto your scalp
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo and conditioner
10. Methi (Fenugreek Seeds) :
The final ingredient that possesses hair growth promoting properties is fenugreek seeds. It reduces hair loss in men and stimulates the growth of new hair. It is one of the most efficient methods of fighting hair loss. Here is how you can use methi for hair loss in men.
- Grab a cup filled with fenugreek seeds
- Add a bowl of water to it
- Soak this overnight
- Grind the paste in the morning and use as a mask
- Leave this on for 30 minutes
- Rinse it away with a mild shampoo
Hair Fall Tips :
Here are a few tips that can help you fight hair loss, apart from home remedies. This is something everyone can do, using mild precautions.
- Be Gentle with your hair
- Change medications
- Cover up your hair in pollution
- Wash and oil hair regularly
- Follow a well-balanced diet
- Include vitamin-rich foods into your diet
- Change your unhealthy lifestyle
These are a few things you need to know about home remedies for hair fall in men. If you want luscious gorgeous hair, then these are a few ways you can get it. But if the thinning and hair loss continues, despite this then we recommend you to consult with an expert or a doctor. As it could be due to hereditary or other underlying factors. Therefore they can assist you based on medical treatments that are best suitable for your condition. We hope this article helps you find the right solution for your hair.
Share with others: